User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Player Rating and Match Reaction - Arsenal 4-1 Leeds United

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    it's an opinion bordering on fact, given i don't think anyone (apart from you apparently) would say any team could be top of the league while all its players were averaging 6 or 7 out of ten.

it's clearly nonsense, as I say the odd error or so-so patch in a game is just football, whereas you deduct a point every time a player misplaces a single pass, it's just tosh
    It’s not fact it’s you being an opinionated Wally and mistaking that for fact

And apart from anything else I don’t get why you’re so animated by it

10 is a perfect performance, everything you’ve done has come off…no one gets ten out of ten because it’s not possible for anyone to put in a perfect performance

6 is an average performance, you haven’t stood out in a good way or a bad way, you’ve mainly done your job and have been satisfactory.

So apart from Holding and Zinchenko I haven’t marked anyone as poor. But for the reasons I’ve described (numerously) the first half shit show (what the fuck have you got to be nervous about against Leeds) many of the performances don’t merit higher than a 6 in my view.

You disagree? Great…the context of where we are in the league really doesn’t matter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if you get 6/10 in any exam you've done badly - I'd say an average performance from a player in a top-of-the-league should be around 8, or otherwise you are underperforming

saying no-one can be 10/10 just shows the absurdity of yoru standards - what's the point of setting a top level you don't believe can be met? you should be giving people marks out of 9 instead

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mac, you have far too strong opinions about a completely subjective scoring system!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what, there are strong opinions on a message board...?

ok, but it's just such nonsense and everyone knows it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if you get 6/10 in any exam you've done badly - I'd say an average performance from a player in a top-of-the-league should be around 8, or otherwise you are underperforming

saying no-one can be 10/10 just shows the absurdity of yoru standards - what's the point of setting a top level you don't believe can be met? you should be giving people marks out of 9 instead
    Again if you get 60% on a degree exam or essay that’s a 2:1 right there and then. 70% is a first class

So no I don’t accept that 6 out of 10 is a low grade…you sound like one of these people who would give kids medals just for competing on sports day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love when people claim to be speaking for anyone but themselves as somehow that adds authority to their argument

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Out of ten, how would you rate the debate on this thread?

It is possibly the worst debate since QIBTR
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Resident Liverpool Fan Shaqiri Is Boss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    Out of ten, how would you rate the debate on this thread?

It is possibly the worst debate since QIBTR

Uhuh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    Again if you get 60% on a degree exam or essay that’s a 2:1 right there and then. 70% is a first class

So no I don’t accept that 6 out of 10 is a low grade…you sound like one of these people who would give kids medals just for competing on sports day
    if everyone rated a product 6/10 online would you buy it?

no you wouldn't you'd think 6/10 was pretty crap - you'd probably only buy it if it was 8/10 or more

i can't be bothered to go back thorugh your scores, but am willing to bet almost everyone is averaging about 6 or 7 out of ten for the season according to you, which i'll say again for a top-of-the-table team is utterly ridiculous, but anyway if you can't see it that's your loss - I feel sorry for anyone you're in charge of, if that's how harsh you are in your staff appraisals etc - still i guess it saves on pay rises and bonuses doesn't it