Martinelli - 9
    Saka - 7
    Jesus - 8

Subs

Trossard - 7.5
    Tierney - 7
    Kiwior - no idea, didn't see him do anything

Arteta - 3 - the wrong team and bottled it when it came to the subs
    I’ve never done a manager rating, but given I hate Arteta it’s probably best I don’t

Actually no that’s not true, I don’t hate him I just can’t warm to him…got all the charm of Andy Murray

But yeah he was far too passive today, felt like he didn’t know whether to stick or twist. In many ways you can’t blame him for putting out the side he did, if he was better at rotating the team he could have made those tweaks to the starting line up…though in all honesty Tierney was just as shit as Zinchenko so not sure would have done us much better to start with him.
    Xhaka? I think for some reason he’s undroppable in Arteta’s eyes now granted I don’t think he’s had a terrible season…definitely his best (he was good(ish) two seasons ago just terrible last season).

I want him gone and Tielemans in
    Last edited by HCZ_Reborn; 09-04-2023 at 07:21 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    As I have repeatedly said to you, feel free to do your own player ratings
    I often do and just did before i saw this

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Today was kind of a point gained considering the swing in the game, Liverpool had us on ropes for pretty much the entire second half. I was disappointed with us today, I felt we crumbled under the pressure and if it wasn't for Ramsdale, we would have got soundly beaten today. We started the game really well and were in control for around 40 minutes but then we just crumbled.

I personally think City are favourites for the title for the simple reason that I don't think we will get anything from the game at the Etihad.
    Its a shame that we've practically made that game into some sort of final for the EPL.

Well I had said earlier this season that the only way I'd believe we don't deserve to be crowned champions is if we lose to City twice...TBH after the way we handled them at home, I have almost lost faith in getting anything from them.

Its really a psychological thing, we should have beaten Liverpool convincingly today, even with Holding (who had a relatively good game surprisingly), but once Jesus and Xhaka got their fans going...you could see the belief going out of the lads and they were just playing to run down the clock.

I am just plain hopeful now, because psychologically, these guys are still pretty weak.
    Last edited by 21_GOONER_SALUTE; 09-04-2023 at 07:24 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 21_GOONER_SALUTE View Post
    Its a shame that we've practically made that game into some sort of final for the EPL.

Well I had said earlier this season that the only way I'd believe we don't deserve to be crowned champions is if we lose to City twice...TBH after the way we handled them at home, I have almost lost faith in getting anything from them.

Its really a psychological thing, we should have beaten Liverpool convincingly today, even with Holding (who had a relatively good game surprisingly), but once Jesus and Xhaka got their fans going...you could see the belief going out of the lads and they were just playing to run down the clock.

I am just plain hopeful now, because psychologically, these guys are still pretty weak.
    Yeah I hear you.

For the first 40 minutes we were in total control today, Jesus and Martinelli especially were giving them the run around. Once Liverpool scored the momentum swung. The second half was painful viewing, they totally dominated us in every area of the pitch, not only did we perform poorly but it felt as if the players did not believe they could win the game. It was like watching "Arsenal" of a few seasons back hanging on for dear life when ahead in a game, we just retreated and invited wave upon wave of attacks.

I do think the mentality of the team has improved and do believe we can bounce back so to speak....but our run-in is really difficult. Despite that, if we can avoid defeat at the Etihad and St James's Park and take care of things in the rest of our games then we will be Champions, that's a big if though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Played so well for 40 mins but then sadly just lost all composure and control. We were dominated in the second half and it was quite disappointing to see us suffocated like that, without really looking like we could have scored a third. I think we settled for 1-2 too early and waited too long to make changes. We were very lucky to escape with a point and Ramsdale deserves all the credit for that.

It’s not a terrible result but because the margins are so fine it’s definitely titled towards City as it stands.

I can’t help but be defeatist now, as I have zero faith that we’ll avoid defeat at the Etihad. Praying for a miracle that they drop some unexpected points somewhere.
    This.
    We should have done everything to see the game to half time at 2-0. But no, enter Xhaka being a twat.
    We were cruising at one stage.
    Massively disappointed with the second half, I blame Arteta for not making changes to stem the tide. We ain't getting anything at the Empty-had.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    This.
    We should have done everything to see the game to half time at 2-0. But no, enter Xhaka being a twat.
    We were cruising at one stage.
    Massively disappointed with the second half, I blame Arteta for not making changes to stem the tide. We ain't getting anything at the Empty-had.
    Correct

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    West Ham away next followed by Southampton at home.

They’ll have a couple of games in hand on us because of their cup involvement but to all intents and purposes the game at the Etihad is a cup final. That’s presuming we win our next 2 of course, and if we don’t then we have no business winning the league anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    West Ham away next followed by Southampton at home.

They’ll have a couple of games in hand on us because of their cup involvement but to all intents and purposes the game at the Etihad is a cup final. That’s presuming we win our next 2 of course, and if we don’t then we have no business winning the league anyway.
    Yep!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 21_GOONER_SALUTE View Post
    I don’t think that’s true.
    We’ve scored plenty of late goals, got lots of wins from losing positions.
    And we responded to The Wobble ™ with 7 straight wins.
    We are a lot stronger psychologically and better at dealing with setbacks than we were.

This result could be the 2 points dropped that cost us the title or…it could be the point gained that wins us it. It’s going to be crushing not winning it after how good we’ve been this year, but we are against an absolute juggernaut in City. I’m can’t really fault our efforts this season.