Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Match reaction v Saints 3-3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KSE Comedy Club View Post
    Absolutely it should.

Unfortunately that is one of Arteta's limitations and where he fails.

He only seems to see players as like for like and 90% of his subs have been so in games. He reacts too late and not always with what is needed.
    yes, absolutely it's one of his biggest flaws - £8.5m a year and he can't master changeing tactics or formation mid-game it seems, unless it's to take off a MF and create a back three

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funnily enough just been discussing this with my mate

We basically agree that Arteta is scared to change the system despite not having the players available to make the system we are playing tenable

I had to literally screen shot the subs from Friday’s game with Southampton…he simply couldn’t process why we’d start Vieira when Jorginho was available

I explained the only possible explanation for it is because Arteta won’t change the system therefore has to have a number 8 in there (and the “need” for an inverted left back meant that he didn’t play Zinchenko as a no 8)

I understand to a degree the hesitancy to change the system this late on in this system but it’s no working…something needs to change. And in my mind we should have a back up system to factor for injuries to begin with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    Funnily enough just been discussing this with my mate

We basically agree that Arteta is scared to change the system despite not having the players available to make the system we are playing tenable

I had to literally screen shot the subs from Friday’s game with Southampton…he simply couldn’t process why we’d start Vieira when Jorginho was available

I explained the only possible explanation for it is because Arteta won’t change the system therefore has to have a number 8 in there (and the “need” for an inverted left back meant that he didn’t play Zinchenko as a no 8)

I understand to a degree the hesitancy to change the system this late on in this system but it’s no working…something needs to change. And in my mind we should have a back up system to factor for injuries to begin with.
    Agree with all that
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post

I'd leave out Partey.
    Fuck me, man...against Man City

On a board full of some of the most ignorant football minds, this has to be the fuckin stupidest post I've ever seen. Jesus fuckin Christ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mandela8 View Post
    Fuck me, man...against Man City

On a board full of some of the most ignorant football minds, this has to be the fuckin stupidest post I've ever seen. Jesus fuckin Christ

I wouldn’t leave out Partey either but I’m guessing there’s no mirrors in the squalid tenement you call a home for you to get any sense of reflection

He has been shite since he came back from international duty. I don’t know if he’s carrying an injury or whether he’s worried about the prospect of prison time in Accra. But the Partey we’ve seen in the last few games is the Partey that was stinking out the place in the Autumn of 2021 (and he even admitted himself that he was dreadful back then)

Honestly out of all the people that have added their thoughts to this thread, yours are by far the worst….and no surprise either.

Partey is no doubt a top player but the fact that he’s so crucial to us is more indicative of the absolute turd that we’ve got in central midfield…and frankly if we sign that Caicedo from Brighton I expect to be getting a player who in a short space of time could be a step up from Partey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Partey has been poor lately but he’s still the first name on the team sheet for me.

I think he’s having to drop very deep to collect the ball at the moment and that means he’s getting caught in dangerous areas a lot. Our transition play has gone to shit and he’s an essential cog in that wheel working effectively. Hopefully he turns up against City.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Partey has been poor lately but he’s still the first name on the team sheet for me.

I think he’s having to drop very deep to collect the ball at the moment and that means he’s getting caught in dangerous areas a lot. Our transition play has gone to shit and he’s an essential cog in that wheel working effectively. Hopefully he turns up against City.

There we are a slightly more reasonable view

I think it’s a combination of him being poor…sloppy on the ball…and not enjoying the protection he had with someone who was comfortable on the ball enough to play out from the ball at centre back. Either in Saliba or Ben White the previous season

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post

Exactly.

He's very clearly had to adapt to a different style in which he's recieving the ball in midfield where he can turn and progress, which is what he's so brilliant at. Just now he's having to drop right back and try to play out from there.
    He made a couple of unrelated mistakes but who gies a fuck?

It's the simplicity of 'analysis' that gets me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Partey is the best player in the team.

That's not even remotely debatable. It's not an opinion. It's an observable fact.

If you don't think he is then you're a spastic.

It's as simple as that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mandela8 View Post
    Exactly.

He's very clearly had to adapt to a different style in which he's recieving the ball in midfield where he can turn and progress, which is what he's so brilliant at. Just now he's having to drop right back and try to play out from there.
    He made a couple of unrelated mistakes but who gies a fuck?

It's the simplicity of 'analysis' that gets me
    I'd stand by the concept of dropping someone if they are playing very poorly, no matter what they're like when they're good, albeit it there aren't many other options

Anyway it doesn't make any difference, talking about who to play on Weds is just moving deckchairs around on the Titanic