User Tag List

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Midweek Fixtures (25/26/27 Apr).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    I don’t actually hate Spurs….well I do because of the North London Rivalry and for all the disappointment of the last few weeks, I’m very happy to finally finish above them….long may it continue

But I don’t hate them philosophically. If I didn’t support Arsenal I’d have no problem with them whatsoever

Don’t really hate Man United either, I did passionately back when Ferguson was manager and we were going head to head for the title. Now? I don’t especially like them and I find it funny when they lose….but no real animus.

Don’t even hate Ferguson, the guy was a cunt but a brilliant manager and we’d have loved to have someone like that here (and according to folklore…he did almost come here in 1986)
    I hate Sp*rs; and Manure; and Citeh; and the Chavs (probably most of all); and increasingly Newcastle. I guess I'm just a bitter person
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't like him at the time because we we rivals, but I've got a lot of admiration for Fergie.
    He's the GOAT, for me. I'll never know how he won the league with that last squad. Obviously RvP helped, but it wasn't that great a side compared with some of the teams he built.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBK View Post
    I hate Sp*rs; and Manure; and Citeh; and the Chavs (probably most of all); and increasingly Newcastle. I guess I'm just a bitter person
    I like Newcastle at the moment but I don’t think that will last, I think selling out to the Arabs is pretty despicable

Will see how I feel about them in 10 days time

City ? They do play decent football which helps, but yeah losing to them 12 times in a row makes me hate them…that and the cheating and the sports washing

Chelsea, absolute scum of the earth, not a club I dislike more out there

Spurs, I do have a few Spurs supporting mates and the rivalry doesn’t get in the way. I remember when they briefly flirted with the drop about twenty years ago (when the king of Curb crawling David Pleat was caretaker) and whilst I would have found it hilarious, the North London derby and bragging rights is one of those things that puts the spark in football and wouldn’t want to be without it even for a season.

As I live in Eeeeeeessssseeeexxxxx, the Ammers are the nearest club to me (20 minutes on the train) and grew up with a lot of West Ham supporters. I have no east london connection thank fuck, but quite like them as a club and despite reputation of fans I’ve travelled on the train with their fans and never had even the slightest bother. They hate Spurs and don’t really have a problem with us

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hated Fergie in the heat of the battle but once the clubs went on different trajectories I stopped caring and appreciated what a ridiculously good coach he was.

Heavily dislike Chelsea because they basically won the lottery and usurped our position. City I have no respect for but don’t hate them. Spurs are Spurs, it’s nothing personal. They’re just an annoying little brother.

The one club I’ve always had time for is actually Liverpool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Hated Fergie in the heat of the battle but once the clubs went on different trajectories I stopped caring and appreciated what a ridiculously good coach he was.

Heavily dislike Chelsea because they basically won the lottery and usurped our position. City I have no respect for but don’t hate them. Spurs are Spurs, it’s nothing personal. They’re just an annoying little brother.

The one club I’ve always had time for is actually Liverpool.

I’ve honestly spent more time in Liverpool than I have London over the last five years

Like with any major city there are some seriously dodgy areas but generally never felt unsafe walking around (although I’ve never done so ridiculously late at night)

Scousers it has to be said are just friendlier than us lot, if they notice my accent they tend to strike up a conversation (not in an intimidating way ) and they are just quite open and take people how they find them.

Despite some of the whinging Liverpool fans you get on social media who have probably no connection with the city, the ones who live there are actually reasonably humble and realistic about their club…not screaming for Klopp to go they love the guy (and with good reason) but just think he needs to move a lot of the ageing players on and rebuild where possible. They are grateful for winning that league title, and have said the atmosphere hasn’t been this good since the days of Barnes and Rush.

Liverpool have irritated me a bit because they kept beating us and I hate when that happens. Have been to Anfield when we’ve won there and loved it, and it’s been too long since we have in my mind. But yeah they are hard to dislike, though Arsenal supporting mate of mine loathes them with a passion…hates the way the media pundits “all Nosh them off” in his words

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah great city, had many enjoyable nights out there and always found the people to be quite friendly and welcoming. I’ve always been a little envious of how great the connection with the supporters and the club has been. Just something very organic about it which I like. Plus they stopped Spurs winning the CL so that’s something I’ll forever be grateful for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Yeah great city, had many enjoyable nights out there and always found the people to be quite friendly and welcoming. I’ve always been a little envious of how great the connection with the supporters and the club has been. Just something very organic about it which I like. Plus they stopped Spurs winning the CL so that’s something I’ll forever be grateful for.

There was always a little bit of a sense of community with Arsenal, when we’ve won the title before the trophy has been paraded through Islington high street and you would get the red bunting out for fa cup finals. But london and Liverpool are just very different.
    Liverpool have this sense of togetherness through adversity, for all the rivalry between Liverpool and Everton…a few months after the Bishop of Liverpool’s inquest into Hillsborough was published…Trevor Hicks was speaking outside Goodison Park before a Boxing Day match (Everton vs Wigan I know because I went to see it) and he got a very warm reception because Hillsborough was seen as something that affected the whole city, sons and daughters of the city went to a football match and didn’t come home.
    It’s why despite the fact that Everton are a god awful team of goblins that id be sad to see them get relegated and to be honest with the club in the state it’s in, I’m not convinced they’d come straight back up. But the club has been horrendously mishandled, feels like Bill Kenwright is used as a lightning Rod to protect people like Farhad Moshiri (and never forget he was partnered with Usmanov as part of red and white holdings…so kind of dodged a bullet there).