Page 123 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124 LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 1232

Thread: Summer Transfer Shit and Everything Else

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    Watched the highlights of Real Sociedad’s game with Granada the other day, mainly out of interest to see how Tierney was getting on (didn’t really make that great an impact, positively or negatively but I say that with the caveat that you can’t always get a good read unless you watch the whole game). But what I did see was a player that I’d like to see us take a look at… Takefusa (Take) Kubo. Player that’s just an utter nuisance like Mitoma but operates on the right hand side.

Not saying we should get him, not on the basis of one game. But definitely worth keeping an eye out for.
    I think Tierney is a player more suited to the English/Scottish game so how he gets on at RS is irrelevant, he should still be here and taking his place at LB against Everton on Sunday

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    I think Tierney is a player more suited to the English/Scottish game so how he gets on at RS is irrelevant, he should still be here and taking his place at LB against Everton on Sunday
    I’d say a player who is mainly about bursts of pace is much more suited to the Spanish game, but it’s kind of academic as the thrust of my post was far more about Take Kubo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll say one thing, I did say we should have sold Partey in the summer, because he was unreliable and too injury-prone and this has been borne out by events - he was clearly crocked and we should have sold him while we could get a decent price.

No-one will buy him now and we're basically taking up a squad place and paying someone to sit around the treatment room most of the time
    Last edited by Mac76; 26-09-2023 at 04:17 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll say one thing, I did say we should have sold Partey in the summer, because he was unreliable and too injury-prone and this has been borne out by events - he was clearly crocked and we should have sold him while we could get a decent price.

No-one will buy him now and we're basically taking up a squad place and paying someone to sit around the treatment room most of the time
    Spot on!!
    We also have Eddie and Havertz stinking up the place FFS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So essentially what you wanted was to sell him off and accept the downgrade in Rice as a replacement

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we probably would have sold Partey if we’d got enough for him to secure a replacement, but that never appeared on the offing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chelsea have joined the race for the signing of Ivan Toney......we need to move on to another target then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    Chelsea have joined the race for the signing of Ivan Toney......we need to move on to another target then.
    I’m getting the impression genius doesn’t think we need a striker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    I’m getting the impression genius doesn’t think we need a striker
    You know what, I honestly believe that whoever Arteta buys will not be played in the right position. I also believe that Arteta does not get the best out of players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dunno - I think it is a bit over simplistic to think that a striker will solve our current problems going forwards. Firstly we had a record scoring season last season with the same strikers, and sharing the goals out between our attacking forwards. Second, the whole team is misfiring ATM (in relative terms), from front to back. Our possession based system needs everyone to be firing but we are not - and even an upgraded striker needs quicker ball progression, more directness and far better service than the ones we are using have.

If I had to call it this season, I would say that our players are being subdued by the weight of expectation - and this explains the fact that we are particularly off colour at home. If our fast pressing starts do not yield anything then we look quite toothless. I will wait to see whether we can improve, but ATM we are looking far more like the team of the last third of last season than the one that did so well before March. I don't think one player changes that much...
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter