User Tag List

Page 2 of 124 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Shit and Everything Else

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 21_GOONER_SALUTE View Post
    £120m for Rice is insane..makes no sense paying more than £80m for anyone doing his role IMO.

I mean £120m and adding a bit of change we could make teue statement signings like Osimehen, Kvaradona or even Bellingham.

The Hammers obviously don't want to sell and will lose him for change later.
    I think signing a striker from another league is always a bit of a risk. We got lucky with Auba but for every Auba there’s a Timo Werner. Even Haaland for City wasn’t no risk even considering the relatively low fee because there was no guarantee he’d adapt to the premier league the way he has

Bellingham I would sign for silly money because he would be exceptional addition to our team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We’ve been linked with Cancelo.

Tierney to City has also been suggested.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post

Tierney to City has also been suggested.
    If true, that tells you everything you need to know about how dumb we'd be to let him go

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    If true, that tells you everything you need to know about how dumb we'd be to let him go
    Unfortunately, I don't think it will be the club's decision. It will be Tierney's. I think he is too good to be a bit part player with us, and will want to go where he can be a first team regular.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBK View Post
    Unfortunately, I don't think it will be the club's decision. It will be Tierney's. I think he is too good to be a bit part player with us, and will want to go where he can be a first team regular.
    I’m not Tierney’s biggest fan, I think he’s injured far too often…and when he’s fit it takes far too long for his form to hit the peak of what we can expect from him.

That he has been superseded by Zinchenko is utterly absurd. Zinchenko works only if you’re dominating on the ball and even then his tendency to take too many touches and give the ball away in dangerous areas is troublesome. And that’s before getting into the fact that he’s a horrendously big liability when we don’t have the ball…and doesn’t even seem to understand what the role of a left back is.

His purchase was made on the hubristic assumption that no matter who we play we would dominate possession, well we are not going to dominate possession away from home against city, Liverpool or arguably Tottenham, Chelsea, Newcastle. We simply do not have the central midfield for that…and against City we are never going to control possession whether home or away they are just too good for that…it’s like expecting to control possession against Guardiola’s Barcelona team or Guardiola’s Bayern team.

We didn’t need an inverted left back, we needed a player who would sit deeper when we didn’t have the ball and be able to tackle and put in a shift more consistently than Granit Xhaka appears willing or able to do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    I’m not Tierney’s biggest fan, I think he’s injured far too often…and when he’s fit it takes far too long for his form to hit the peak of what we can expect from him.

That he has been superseded by Zinchenko is utterly absurd. Zinchenko works only if you’re dominating on the ball and even then his tendency to take too many touches and give the ball away in dangerous areas is troublesome. And that’s before getting into the fact that he’s a horrendously big liability when we don’t have the ball…and doesn’t even seem to understand what the role of a left back is.

His purchase was made on the hubristic assumption that no matter who we play we would dominate possession, well we are not going to dominate possession away from home against city, Liverpool or arguably Tottenham, Chelsea, Newcastle. We simply do not have the central midfield for that…and against City we are never going to control possession whether home or away they are just too good for that…it’s like expecting to control possession against Guardiola’s Barcelona team or Guardiola’s Bayern team.

We didn’t need an inverted left back, we needed a player who would sit deeper when we didn’t have the ball and be able to tackle and put in a shift more consistently than Granit Xhaka appears willing or able to do.
    almost completely correct and very well expressed - I love the 'hubristic assumption' point

Except you're wrong about Tierney, the Newcastle game shows exactly what he can bring to the party

I suspect the injuries are at least partly down his not being played enough. Currently he gets virtually no game time with us, then is suddenly made to play 180 minutes for Scotland over three days (which was the last time he got injured btw), or thrown into games where we're desperately defending a lead

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBK View Post
    It's been the club's decision in the sense if he'd been given more game time and Arteta had handled him better he wouldn't be wanting to go

New Signing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know this is complete irrelevant to the subject but how have you commented or posted 30,127 times? I mean thats pretty crazy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Xhaka expected to leave for Leverkusen.

Rice or Caicedo in please.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m glad he’s leaving having somewhat redeemed his reputation.
    I like him but he’s not really at the level we need if we’re going to push on