Thread: Summer Transfer Shit and Everything Else

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Xhaka expected to leave for Leverkusen.

Rice or Caicedo in please.
    No thanks. £120m for Rice? What a joke. Not worth £50m tbf.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    No thanks. £120m for Rice? What a joke. Not worth £50m tbf.
    Hard to find value for money these days but if these are the guys we want then we’ve got to pay the going rate. Grealish wasn’t a 100m player either but in their system he looks like a beast now and no one remembers what he cost.

Got a lot more faith in the club’s recruitment now than I used to have. I reckon we’ll be going in hard this summer.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 16-05-2023 at 09:02 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hard to find value for money these days but if these are the guys we want then we’ve got to pay the going rate. Grealish wasn’t a 100m player either but in their system he looks like a beast now and no one remembers what he cost.

Got a lot more faith in the club’s recruitment now than I used to have. I reckon we’ll be going in hard this summer.
    Was 100m, mate. You literally just said it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meant more that no one is questioning it anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mandela8 View Post
    Was 100m, mate. You literally just said it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the Transfers in the summer need to reflect that the club considers this season a bitter disappointment rather than one of success.

I’m glad Xhaka wants to leave because there seems to be no indication that Arteta would have got rid. Immediately replace him with Tielemans

Fuck bringing in Declan Rice, don’t rate him. Caicedo much the better player

Don’t need both of them, I’d bring back Charlie Patino for cover for Tielemans

Also being linked with a right sided centre half. I would sooner have a right fullback and rotate our defenders because I just think White is not a natural right back.

Depending on what Nelson does or doesn’t do, we may need an extra person on the wing…though I’d consider blooding Marquinhos

Then we need to bring in a striker. Like many people on here I absolutely agree that we need to bring in a tall striker that is more physical and a threat in the air.

So my priorities this summer would be midfield, Striker and right sided full back (plus left sided if we cannot persuade Tierney to stay)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Toney didn’t have a lengthy ban hanging over him I would say break the bank to get him. He would be perfect for us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Toney didn’t have a lengthy ban hanging over him I would say break the bank to get him. He would be perfect for us.
    He'd certainly be a good bet.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    I think the Transfers in the summer need to reflect that the club considers this season a bitter disappointment rather than one of success.

I’m glad Xhaka wants to leave because there seems to be no indication that Arteta would have got rid. Immediately replace him with Tielemans

Fuck bringing in Declan Rice, don’t rate him. Caicedo much the better player

Don’t need both of them, I’d bring back Charlie Patino for cover for Tielemans

Also being linked with a right sided centre half. I would sooner have a right fullback and rotate our defenders because I just think White is not a natural right back.

Depending on what Nelson does or doesn’t do, we may need an extra person on the wing…though I’d consider blooding Marquinhos

Then we need to bring in a striker. Like many people on here I absolutely agree that we need to bring in a tall striker that is more physical and a threat in the air.

So my priorities this summer would be midfield, Striker and right sided full back (plus left sided if we cannot persuade Tierney to stay)
    I'm sorry to say i think both Nelson and Tierney have been mishandled to the point where we've lost them and it sounds like we're also going to mess up with Balogun too

I think Patino has said he's off also

so we're losing good players left right and centre at a time when we should be building up our squad further

I'd prefer Caicedo but instead i think we're going for the home-grown option - ofc it woud be just like us to get outbid for Rice by Man U or someone and then have lost the chance to sign Caicedo too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65626690

Speak of the Devil