User Tag List

Page 5 of 124 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Shit and Everything Else

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don’t think Gundogan is all that great either and at 33 we would be getting another Willian type player

We need to stop these sticking plaster signings and get in players who are part of our long term plans

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hate to break it to you but Rice and Mount are probably those long term plan players.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have an issue with Rice, I think he is great player and would be an easy upgrade on Xhaka.
    He would be a great signing for long term stability IMO.

Mount however, is a steaming pile of over rated shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KSE Comedy Club View Post
    I don't have an issue with Rice, I think he is great player and would be an easy upgrade on Xhaka.
    He would be a great signing for long term stability IMO.

Mount however, is a steaming pile of over rated shit.
    it's not hard to be an upgrade on Xhaka, my only question is whether Rice is worth spending that kind of money on

it's worth remembering we maybe only got some or all of Jorghino, Trossard and Kiwior because the initial plan to make one big marquee signing in Mudryk failed

it's possible one or both of Jorg and Kiwior might have arrived anyway, but I'm not sure, i felt like not signing Mudryk cleared us to use the money elsewhere

If we go for Rice that's a lot of money on one player, about whom people have mixed opinions and given the number of decent players we're losing that's got to be a concern

As for Mount, not seen much of him this season, it's hard to judge any Chelsea player's form given the mess that club is in, but I'm not sure he feels like an Arsenal player to me
    Last edited by Mac76; 22-05-2023 at 11:57 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tell you what, I'd take Cabellos back at Arsenal. I thought he was a lovely player, man. Surrounded by absolute shite like Xhaka, Elneny and Gendouzi but stick him between a settled Partey and Odegaard and I reckon he'd be great.

Fuck me, I'm bored today.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mandela8 View Post
    Tell you what, I'd take Cabellos back at Arsenal. I thought he was a lovely player, man. Surrounded by absolute shite like Xhaka, Elneny and Gendouzi but stick him between a settled Partey and Odegaard and I reckon he'd be great.

Fuck me, I'm bored today.
    Urghhhhh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man United are after Mason Mount

I really hope he goes there, and I hope Rice goes to Bayern, Newcastle, United or any other club stupid enough to want him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Couldn't really say which specific players we should sign. Wouldn't know a Rice from a Mount these days, and very happy about it. Even without seeing them I already know they are massively overrated, like 99.9% of "professional" football players. Then again, that might be enough as they will be up against other overrated "professionals." Except City have a decent striker and a decent midfielder. Proper players. So it sort of makes sense to go and find something that can compete with that if people are serious about winning titles. So, a 30+ goal striker, essential. And a midfielder that can control a game, rather than hang on to it. Do such players still exist? Bet they'll be expensive. But that's what it takes to win a title and that hyped Euro competition that's always such a disappointment in reality. Hundred mill on the striker. Hundred mill on the midfielder. Get maybe 50 mill back offloading some of the dross like White and Partey. Job done. If it's even possible.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Couldn't really say which specific players we should sign. Wouldn't know a Rice from a Mount these days, and very happy about it. Even without seeing them I already know they are massively overrated, like 99.9% of "professional" football players. Then again, that might be enough as they will be up against other overrated "professionals." Except City have a decent striker and a decent midfielder. Proper players. So it sort of makes sense to go and find something that can compete with that if people are serious about winning titles. So, a 30+ goal striker, essential. And a midfielder that can control a game, rather than hang on to it. Do such players still exist? Bet they'll be expensive. But that's what it takes to win a title and that hyped Euro competition that's always such a disappointment in reality. Hundred mill on the striker. Hundred mill on the midfielder. Get maybe 50 mill back offloading some of the dross like White and Partey. Job done. If it's even possible.
    Pretty much except for White, I know he's marmite with the fans but for me, I like marmite

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Pretty much except for White, I know he's marmite with the fans but for me, I like marmite
    I think he’s probably the best defender we have on the ball, but he clearly can’t deal with extreme pace on the wing to be an accomplished full back. He’s a centre back and a good one…and should have been played in that position if we were able to rotate more