User Tag List

Page 52 of 124 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Shit and Everything Else

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mandela8 View Post
    I think this narrative of Partey fuckin up on a regular basis is pretty baseless, man. Which games was he shit in? He made the mistake against West Ham but the was followed up by typical Gabriel rashness and an unmerited penalty. He was woeful against Man City, but he wasn't close to being the worst arsenal player on the pitch. When else was he so poor? He did seem to become a bit of a lightening rod, which never made sense to me.

Jorginho is a reliable water carrier/ball mover. No more than that, for me.
    Kind of agree 100% with this post.

Not the best comparison, but I hope we don't end up with a Cesc/Vieira situation.... Partey's early season form was practically universally lauded by pundits across board as being jaw dropping...and the dropoff was also clearly noted and intertwined with our collapse. I'm not saying he was the only one, as Saka did the exact same thing but few are calling for his head (youth on his side though).

I don't think Partey is finished, Simone made the same mistake
    (IMO ) and I don't think Atleti have been that solid since he left (they did win the league that season though).

Oh well, lets see how things pan out, I mean with over £200m spent already we'll probably be spectators from now on.
    Last edited by 21_GOONER_SALUTE; 28-06-2023 at 10:02 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Havertz done. Rice next.

Blimey.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Add Timber to that and it’s over 200m spent.

Huge backing for Arteta here. Let’s hope next season lives up to the billing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Gunners won both league meetings between the two sides last season, and beat the Blues five out of six times since Havertz moved to Stamford Bridge in 2020.
    https://www.skysports.com/football/n...helsea-for-65m
    I think Sky is trying to tell us something

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    Don’t disagree….my issue is more that Rice seems to be his replacement and I think that’s a downgrade on Partey as he can’t play through the press. Caicedo would definitely have been an upgrade
    Partey's the shittiest player I've seen at Arsenal in years. If Rice is a downgrade then the club is neck deep in the bad stuff. He can't possibly be a downgrade. Why would you say that? I've watched him play and always thought he was a bit scrappy and random but at least got stuck in. Partey is the opposite, he excels in being nowhere that might put him under the slightest pressure.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Add Timber to that and it’s over 200m spent.

Huge backing for Arteta here. Let’s hope next season lives up to the billing.
    Yeah this is shaping up to be a huge window for us. We can debate all we want about the fees but securing Rice and Havertz this early is really impressive TBH, both quality players. Timber deal seems very close too. Another quality player.

Arteta and the team under big pressure next season, a title challenge and a respectable CL run.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Partey's the shittiest player I've seen at Arsenal in years. If Rice is a downgrade then the club is neck deep in the bad stuff. He can't possibly be a downgrade. Why would you say that? I've watched him play and always thought he was a bit scrappy and random but at least got stuck in. Partey is the opposite, he excels in being nowhere that might put him under the slightest pressure.

You do know I already believed you when you’ve said that you don’t watch Arsenal much

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Yeah this is shaping up to be a huge window for us. We can debate all we want about the fees but securing Rice and Havertz this early is really impressive TBH, both quality players. Timber deal seems very close too. Another quality player.

Arteta and the team under big pressure next season, a title challenge and a respectable CL run.

Well I suspect the one thing Arteta doesn’t lack is self confidence, but yeah don’t know if KSE are just after money from champions league qualification or whether they want to see genuine returns on their investment (a lot of money after all was put in to get the Rams the Super Bowl) so hopefully there is significant pressure on him to win stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    Well I suspect the one thing Arteta doesn’t lack is self confidence, but yeah don’t know if KSE are just after money from champions league qualification or whether they want to see genuine returns on their investment (a lot of money after all was put in to get the Rams the Super Bowl) so hopefully there is significant pressure on him to win stuff.
    Surely they must want to see some sort of return on their investment? Arteta has now spent an absolute fortune rebuilding the squad. He has done a great job of the rebuild so far, and I personally rate him as a Coach, but after the investment this summer with the way the squad is shaping up, we should be competing for the major prizes, I don't think scraping top 4 with this investment will wash, not even with the Kroenke's.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Surely they must want to see some sort of return on their investment? Arteta has now spent an absolute fortune rebuilding the squad. He has done a great job of the rebuild so far, and I personally rate him as a Coach, but after the investment this summer with the way the squad is shaping up, we should be competing for the major prizes, I don't think scraping top 4 with this investment will wash, not even with the Kroenke's.

Well will agree to disagree on rating him as a coach or thinking he’s done a good job on the rebuild

But as I say you’d certainly hope Kroenke is expecting something back, the money we are spending and uncertainty over Guardiola’s long term future means we really should aim to win the title in the next two-three seasons (especially as the Arab oil money will see to it that no will get near Man City, United and Newcastle after that)