Page 124 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124
Results 1,231 to 1,232 of 1232

Thread: Summer Transfer Shit and Everything Else

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBK View Post
    I dunno - I think it is a bit over simplistic to think that a striker will solve our current problems going forwards. Firstly we had a record scoring season last season with the same strikers, and sharing the goals out between our attacking forwards. Second, the whole team is misfiring ATM (in relative terms), from front to back. Our possession based system needs everyone to be firing but we are not - and even an upgraded striker needs quicker ball progression, more directness and far better service than the ones we are using have.
    Whilst I think there's definitely some validity to this point we have seen Jesus habitually miss chances since his very first game. Eddie is guilty of this. Just having a more reliable striker would make a difference, even if everything else remained equal.

The other obvious improvement would be teaching Saka to use his right foot and get to the one more often. Just adding this variety to his game would add another dimension to the entire team. His constant cutting inside does stifle opportunity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mandela8 View Post
    Whilst I think there's definitely some validity to this point we have seen Jesus habitually miss chances since his very first game. Eddie is guilty of this. Just having a more reliable striker would make a difference, even if everything else remained equal.

The other obvious improvement would be teaching Saka to use his right foot and get to the one more often. Just adding this variety to his game would add another dimension to the entire team. His constant cutting inside does stifle opportunity.
    I thought about this...and again I don't think its quite that simple. Jesus is the perfect striker for our team - in everything apart from his finishing. He is maybe the best pressing forward in the league, and is pretty essential in allowing our other forwards chances to score. I think what we need therefore is a Jesus who is lethal, but is there anyone who fits that bill? A Toney would be more likely to finish chances, but would his style of playing lead to fewer goals elsewhere?
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter