User Tag List

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Arsenal vs Brighton - Player Rating and Match Reaction

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    If NQ was here now and not doing a stock inventory of water and tinned food for the day the globalist army takes over

he would (and in this case rightly so) talk about pride. Other results don’t make this acceptable, you fight to the end even if it’s a lost cause.
    I don’t disagree. But I think the Everton result must have got to them. I think they knew the game was up and that got in their heads. But I agree that’s not good enough, you run to the line.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    The title was gone but it doesn’t change that this and certain other performances have been completely unacceptable. City are significantly better than us, no one would argue against that and we all suspected they would beat us to the finish.

We’ve shit the bed though and that’s just something we need to accept. Once we understand that we can hopefully learn from it. Next year we should know a bit more about what it’s going to take to be successful. Not just in the league but I want to see us make a fist of the other competitions too. None of this going out for the greater good nonsense.
    Not sure I agree about all the trophies. We’ve won the FA cup enough times for now….league cup is a nothing trophy. Premier league and Champions League only

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure I agree about all the trophies. We’ve won the FA cup enough times for now….league cup is a nothing trophy. Premier league and Champions League only
    I feel it’s more about fostering a winning mentality.

Obviously PL and CL take priority but for a squad that’s won nothing and is now back in the conversation it’s important to get that first trophy for the group.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t think our mentality is as suspect as you imagine.
    There have been slips here and there but aren’t there in any season?
    For every slip there have been plenty of games where we’ve been under pressure and won, or we’ve dug out wins from losing or drawing positions.
    The thing about City is that they don’t slip when it matters. They seem to have the ability to get their slips out of the way in the first half of the season and then from Christmas onwards they’re basically flawless and mow everyone down.
    The only way Liverpool got the better of them was to be basically perfect till they were so far ahead it was basically won by February. I’m not saying there’s no room for improvement but overall I’m not convinced we could have done that much more this season. But we have to sort out the games vs City next year, that’s a 12 point swing we can’t give them and win the title.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    For every slip there have been plenty of games where we’ve been under pressure and won, or we’ve dug out wins from losing or drawing positions.
    The thing about City is that they don’t slip when it matters. They seem to have the ability to get their slips out of the way in the first half of the season and then from Christmas onwards they’re basically flawless and mow everyone down.
    The only way Liverpool got the better of them was to be basically perfect till they were so far ahead it was basically won by February. I’m not saying there’s no room for improvement but overall I’m not convinced we could have done that much more this season. But we have to sort out the games vs City next year, that’s a 12 point swing we can’t give them and win the title.
    There’s certainly reason to think this group is stronger than we’ve seen for many years but of course time will tell. Big season next year back in the CL and if we struggle to make an impression in that coupled with an inconsistent league campaign, then we will have to ask how much better it’s going to get with Arteta.

We’re on the cusp now, time to break through that glass ceiling.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post

Dropping 12 points in a period of 7 games…suggests there’s something very wrong indeed with our mentality

I hate to go all NQ because frankly if I believed all he did, I’d just hang myself from the futility of it all

But we’ve become far too used to this, winning two games from seven is not something you can do and expect to win a title no matter what you’ve done before hand in a season…it’s just untenable.

There’s no caveats to be found here, no bigger picture….this is plain unacceptable….and there’s no yes but to act as a qualifier

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There’s a way to go out and this isn’t it.

It’s weak and confirms a fragile mentality.
    It's time to get rid of the rookie manager and get someone in who knows what they are doing. If Arteta and this shower are set free in the Champions League, it will be fucking embarrassing. God help us.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There’s certainly reason to think this group is stronger than we’ve seen for many years but of course time will tell. Big season next year back in the CL and if we struggle to make an impression in that coupled with an inconsistent league campaign, then we will have to ask how much better it’s going to get with Arteta.

We’re on the cusp now, time to break through that glass ceiling.
    I do wonder whether Arteta can take us any further.
    There’s a big summer coming up, we don’t have the squad to complete in the CL right now.
    Arteta definitely deserves another season to try and push us on. Changing manager is. Massive disruption, there’s no guarantee that would help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    It's time to get rid of the rookie manager and get someone in who knows what they are doing. If Arteta and this shower are set free in the Champions League, it will be fucking embarrassing. God help us.
    I said that a couple of weeks ago and got crucified

Good luck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Player ratings are easy. I’m giving every single player zero. The title may have been over but you don’t put in a performance like that, that horrible cunt Gary Neville can’t hide his delight. Where was the pride today?…fucking Estupinian scoring? Fucking Undav scoring…was this a charity match where we let spastics score and politely applaud because it’s all for a good cause.

I don’t want Arteta anywhere near this club anymore….feels like the whole stadium needs disinfecting after that rancid shit. The season we’ve put together and it ends like that?. What an absolutely fucking disgrace. Wouldn’t piss on any of those players if they were on fire and I had a bursting bladder
    All good except Ram was trying to inject some energy into it and so was Nelson when he came on