1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Yes I got it first time…thus the picture of Eubank looking deadly serious . Though in fairness can see why it might not have been clear, maybe I should have made a joke about whether he was one of Eubank’s sold children and he put the S on to disassociate from his father.

I think ultimately that’s more a case of Tsitsipas playing too many games at once. Played two five setters against Thiem and Murray over three days, before the third round a day after that. That plus for me there’s a mental weakness, he was two sets to the good two years ago in the French open final against Djokovic before losing his nerve.

Eubanks could be another Malivai Washington

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Either way all gearing towards an Alcaraz-Djokovic final (though probably won’t end up being that)

Alcaraz still has to get past Rune and potentially Medvedev (who even though is more of a hard court player is a tough test)

Djokovic should get past Rublev but then he has to potentially go against Janik Sinner who almost had him last year

I’m basically rooting for anyone who can nobble Djokovic, don’t want him matching Federer’s eight Wimbledon record

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post

I’m basically rooting for anyone who can nobble Djokovic, don’t want him matching Federer’s eight Wimbledon record
    I hadn't realised that was at stake, in which case I'm firmly in the Djoko camp - any further downgrading of the Smug Swiss is an opportunity not to be missed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    I hadn't realised that was at stake, in which case I'm firmly in the Djoko camp - any further downgrading of the Smug Swiss is an opportunity not to be missed
    Don’t really get the dislike of Federer to be honest, even before Djokovic and Nadal appeared on the scene he breathed life into a game throttled slowly to death by serve volleying, Agassi as entertaining as he was could never consistently challenge the likes of Sampras.

But each to their own, I couldn’t stand Nadal even though as a person he seems genuinely humble because of his record over Federer….the Australian open in 2017 where Federer at 35 developed his back hand to beat Nadal in the final is still one of my favourite matches in tennis.

Djokovic apart from when he plays Nadal I find boring, and he’s a prick. Organised a party as the head of the Players Tennis association managed to infect loads of them with Covid, and behaved like he was being singled out by Australian authorities because he felt he didn’t have to get the vaccine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    Don’t really get the dislike of Federer to be honest, even before Djokovic and Nadal appeared on the scene he breathed life into a game throttled slowly to death by serve volleying, Agassi as entertaining as he was could never consistently challenge the likes of Sampras.

But each to their own, I couldn’t stand Nadal even though as a person he seems genuinely humble because of his record over Federer….the Australian open in 2017 where Federer at 35 developed his back hand to beat Nadal in the final is still one of my favourite matches in tennis.

Djokovic apart from when he plays Nadal I find boring, and he’s a prick. Organised a party as the head of the Players Tennis association managed to infect loads of them with Covid, and behaved like he was being singled out by Australian authorities because he felt he didn’t have to get the vaccine.
    Yes I agree Djoko's stand on the vaccine is ridiculous but in Nadal's curent absence he's the only person who can knock a few more holes in the Federer GOAT argument - which is already in tatters tbh as both Nadal and Djoko have surpassed his GS wins

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I agree Djoko's stand on the vaccine is ridiculous but in Nadal's curent absence he's the only person who can knock a few more holes in the Federer GOAT argument - which is already in tatters tbh as both Nadal and Djoko have surpassed his GS wins
    Oh I think sadly you cannot claim to be the GOAT if you’ve had the number of Grand Slams you’ve won surpassed

So for me that’s a bit like people still trying to claim Ronaldo is the GOAT when Messi winning the World Cup has rather settled that one

But definitely my favourite player and for me the most entertaining to watch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How was his stand on the vaccine ridiculous?

A healthy young man didn't want to forcefully take an untested experimental drug (which has since been found to be unsafe) for a disease they are at little to no risk from. Seems pretty reasonable to me.

Was never a big Djokovic fan before 2020 but the way he has been persecuted and come through is admirable, huge fan these days tbh.

A true man of principle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wengerbabies View Post
    How was his stand on the vaccine ridiculous?

A healthy young man didn't want to forcefully take an untested experimental drug (which has since been found to be unsafe) for a disease they are at little to no risk from. Seems pretty reasonable to me.

Was never a big Djokovic fan before 2020 but the way he has been persecuted and come through is admirable, huge fan these days tbh.

A true man of principle.
    A true man of principle would accept that if a major tournament, say the Audtralian Open for example, had a rule about vaccinations you either get the jab or you take the consequences - no-one was 'forcing' him to do anything, he chose to kick up a fuss when the rules were clear.