User Tag List

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: Women's World Cup

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But yes we are at an impasse, i think I’ve been quite reasonable given your persistent in being a patronising arse. But even overlooking that, the matter is academic because Rubiales made his position untenable in my view with the press conference.

But maybe take into consideration that I’m not the only one disagreeing with you and it cuts across the spectrum of different users here. To assume we just don’t get it, is massively pompous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    But for you context is only important when it suits your narrative

And you ignore that the context of winning a World Cup and the jubilation that brings cannot simply be replicated in the work place. I think context is important because what happened bears no resemblance to a work place groping
    Unless he's questioning the jubilation as genuine because nobody gives a fuck about the women's WC, in which case I agree with him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wengerbabies View Post
    Unless he's questioning the jubilation as genuine because nobody gives a fuck about the women's WC, in which case I agree with him.
    You’re as much use in this conversation as a hip replacement made from Lego

Maybe we should have a forum thread called the Kiddy’s table for people who can’t act like grownups

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe we should have a forum thread called the Kiddy’s table for people who can’t act like grownups
    No, you're a poo poo head

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Almost half the thread has been a back and forth about this ridiculous nothing burger.

No one actually cares about the football.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wengerbabies View Post
    Almost half the thread has been a back and forth about this ridiculous nothing burger.

No one actually cares about the football.

See I wouldn’t mind if you had anything sensible ever to contribute but you don’t do you.

Your attempts to be edgy are just painfully unfunny. You just sound like a 12 year old boy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is nothing to contribute. The whole thing in nonsense.

I'm not trying to be edgy. I'm not sure why I still visit this dying site tbh, habit, nostalgia maybe been here since 2006 but it's increasingly apparent that the few that remain are low test NPCs happy in their merry little ignorant worlds believing what they are told to believe with no hope. The only intelligent poster here is someone who I used to consider a nut case, I managed to wake up realise he's the only one capable of critical thought and I do hope someday the rest of you will wake up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    See I wouldn’t mind if you had anything sensible ever to contribute but you don’t do you.

Your attempts to be edgy are just painfully unfunny. You just sound like a 12 year old boy.
    I completely agree with you...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But yes we are at an impasse, i think I’ve been quite reasonable given your persistent in being a patronising arse..
    Well i think your resorting to abuse shows which if us is looking at this more calmly

Just a few things before i really do call it a day on this:

1. to me I think we are looking at this man differently - you are buying his story about being overcome with emotion, forgetting his role and responsibilities entirely and kissing the woman

I don't buy it, sorry, I think it was more cynical than that, or at the very least the act of someone who is out-of-step wiht what's acceptable and is setting a very unfortunate example. For the record I do think if his reaction afterwards had been different maybe there could have been a way through, but everything he did played into the perception that he's not fit to hold his job

2. You just can't see how something like this can feed into everyday society - you can't get past the fact that it was unique because it was a ceremony in front of millions of people and because other incidents aren't the same but actually there is a parallel, people take their cues from what they see 'important' people do in public. You only have to look at how antisocial and racist behaviour grew during the EU referendum - it became ok to be nasty to immigrants because of the Leave campaign's messaging and, crucially, the fact that it wasn't sanctioned in any way

3. lastly i get really bored of how some people can only see people in stereotypes, e.g. anyone who expresses a particular view on something is immediately put into the 'snowflake/lefty/liberal' box, making it easier to dismiss their views as being guided by some kind of rigid ideological standpoint. People on here get me very wrong and I think some of my views on things would genuinely surprise you tbh, but either way you should tackle an argument on its merits not dismiss it because you think it ticks a particular box
    Last edited by Mac76; 14-09-2023 at 10:17 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now this is something that's inappropriate

She's pretty cute though.