0 Thread(s)
    Good Kiwi win over Norway

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post

I hope we win. I suppose.

I could be content in not caring about women’s football and leaving it at that. But it won’t upset the usual suspects if I don’t. I am curious at how the level of lesbianism in the sport relative to society is exponentially higher (and that’s without factoring in countries like Zambia, Nigeria and China where you simply can’t be open about your sexuality). Of course it’s not just football, it’s other sports like Hockey as well so probably less about women taking on more masculine roles.

No where near as high in Tennis, so could be a difference between individual and team sports

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well. I didn't think this thread was going to go in that direction

I care up to a point. And that point is "I hope England win". And I'd go so far to say I'll probably watch England in the later stages if we get there. But I don't really care. And I find it tiresome how it's increasingly wrongthink if you don't care about it as much as the men's game and believe them to be equivalent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Well. I didn't think this thread was going to go in that direction

I care up to a point. And that point is "I hope England win". And I'd go so far to say I'll probably watch England in the later stages if we get there. But I don't really care. And I find it tiresome how it's increasingly wrongthink if you don't care about it as much as the men's game and believe them to be equivalent.

Ultimately other people’s attitudes don’t bother me, I just like getting a reaction out of them. My attitude is clearly the women’s game has evolved from where it was twenty years ago. And in that England-Germany final a year ago or whenever it was, obviously wanted England to win but at 39 I’m not interested in watching new sports. And in my mind womens football feels like one day cricket or 20/20…just an inferior form of the game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's come on a fair bit but the standards are still really low. Goalkeeping is particularly poor. Not sure why.
    I just don't care about it much, really.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    It's come on a fair bit but the standards are still really low. Goalkeeping is particularly poor. Not sure why.
    I just don't care about it much, really.
    If I had to guess, apparently there is not just a difference in strength and speed on average between men and women but hand-eye coordination as well…which might well account for poor goalkeeping unless the issue is that they aren’t good at ball to feet (don’t watch so don’t know)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually think the standard is pretty good, and the interest level has certainly increased a lot since the Euros, the women's NLD got a very big attendance at The Emirates.
    But yeah, I don't really care that much. I'll be pleased if we win of course.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Internationally the women's game is probably getting towards Championship level or certainly League 1

I actually quite lile watching it, there's less cheating, it's a little slower so can be easier to follow and there are sometimes good skills on show and some good goals.

Not that I'll be watching it much because of timings but hope the Lionesses do well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting