User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Arsenal 1-1 Citeh (4-1 Penalties) player ratings and match reaction

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Me trying to wing you up? No I’m just seeing you quarrel with the other fella and appreciating what it is to be a spectator.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    I see you've caved and are trying the 'well of course i'm just trying to wind you up' routine
    Ah my mistake i thought it was you that posted his last reply...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah my mistake i thought it was you that posted his last reply...
    I did wonder what the whole ludicrously low player rating thing was about

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    I did wonder what the whole ludicrously low player rating thing was about
    It's a shame, i was quite pleased with that whole last part of my reply

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Er, yes...?

Otherwise how does he score 15 PL goals?

Earlier on when he joined us he did pass the buck a bit, but last season he started taking responsibility and going for goal

EDIT: oh and ignore this next bit, i thought i was talking to HCZ...

You were obviously too busy watching and rewatching 'All or Nothing' in forensic detail to keep up with Arsenal matches - that would explain your ludicrously low player ratings at least
    My point earlier was that what I said is not mutually exclusive to him scoring 15 or even 30 goals i.e. most of the goals were situations he is left with little option but to strike the ball (no pass to be found).

Anyway your reply did make me go through a quick review of his goals from last season on youtube, and if I'm being honest, in a few of them he had the opportunity to pass, but made the right decision.

So I might concede a bit to your point that he improved a lot last season by taking ownership .

Though my brief visit to YouTube also showed me why that opinion was formed and why I'm still reluctant to trust him when faced with options.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CM356r...VzIHNob290aW5n
    Last edited by 21_GOONER_SALUTE; 08-08-2023 at 06:50 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s possible that in the absence of Jesus either through injury or as an effective force for trying to commit defenders that Odegaard chose to take things on more himself, a lot of his goals as I remember from last season were from outside the box (Newcastle, Tottenham etc)

I do think you’re right in that he very much used to try and lay on chances for others rather than take them on himself and I hope he doesn’t revert to type

Still though better than Vieira who lays on passes for others to lay on for other people

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s possible that in the absence of Jesus either through injury or as an effective force for trying to commit defenders that Odegaard chose to take things on more himself, a lot of his goals as I remember from last season were from outside the box (Newcastle, Tottenham etc)

I do think you’re right in that he very much used to try and lay on chances for others rather than take them on himself and I hope he doesn’t revert to type

Still though better than Vieira who lays on passes for others to lay on for other people
    Vieira was very good in the Monaco game, i think being on the right suited him and it means we can alternate him with Saka a decent amount*

*assuming Arteta doesn't run Saka into the ground as usual**

**which i admit is a pretty big assumption

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funny, but true.

@Mac

Viera is a terrible substitute for Saka, totally useless in making things happen on the wing unless he's up against a defender who really doesn't know his calling.

I think Viera is built to play behind a striker, but yeah, with the way we play currently I'd take Odegaard over him a 1001 times.