User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Arsenal vs Forest: Player ratings and Match Reaction

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it’s obvious that we’re going to be relying heavily on our pace and athleticism to prevent dangerous situations. I don’t really see much positional discipline from this team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The issue isn’t “luxury” players, it’s a coach who is a deranged maniac. The very example of someone who when you reward someone for their stupidity only makes them more stupid. So stupid in fact he genuinely believes he’s the most intelligent manager in the league.

Rice I can’t fault, given that he understands that you need to score goals to win games and actually did his own job of making interceptions as well as trying to get a goal when he realised that as well as being poor finishers many of the players around him were ducking the responsibility of trying to get goals

Timber aside it was our established players that really were horrible to see. Partey? It’s like watching this relative who was once alive and vital, but now has suffered a stroke and is dribbling out of one side of his mouth and there is a permanent crusty yellow stain in the crotch area of the trousers.

White for their goal, trying to get back against Elanga like a father running after a car that’s been nicked by a hoodie whilst his new born baby is in the back seat…all because he’d left the keys in there . Painful, heart rending and shameful to watch.

The only thing heartening about today is if you were a Spurs fan trying to cheer yourself up after Harry Kane has gone.

The absolute pits, almost worse than the last days of Good Ebening.

As much as I’m laying blame on the players, it’s the coach…the high line, the fucking inverted full back system and the in game management that’s as slow to respond as a laptop on safety mode.

He has to be sacked. And I don’t mean at the end of the season, I mean now. We can’t salvage this season but we can try and make the most before we hurt ourselves even more by selling Tierney.

I repeat. He has to go now…not next week, not tomorrow, right this instant

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mandela8 View Post
    Not sure if serious.

Saka scored an beauty of a goal but his general play was very poor today. Rice clearly struggled to look like anything other than a white Elneny.

Behave yourself, ffs.
    as said earlier i didn't see the game, it was more a comment on HCZ's scoring that's all

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    as said earlier i didn't see the game, it was more a comment on HCZ's scoring that's all
    Saka was again left to be the only attacking outlet. Martinelli hardly saw the ball, because of Havertz and because of Timber and Tomoyasu behind him.

His goal was almost a “fuck it if no one else is going to take responsibility”

It was unrealistic to give any player above a 7 today, MO bemoaned a lack of positional discipline but if you keep playing players out of position I don’t see what you can expect.

Maybe if this continues they will down tools and Arteta will be out on his arse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahh...fair enough, man. Easy to miss stuff when you have to skip so many posts on here.

First games of the season are always a bit weird. Result > performance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just watched the goals, Eddie had a bit of luck with the deflection but Martinelli's setup play was brilliant, great goal from Saka but poor defending for the Forest goal, the scorer was given the freedom of the pelanty area

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just watched the goals, Eddie had a bit of luck with the deflection but Martinelli's setup play was brilliant, great goal from Saka but poor defending for the Forest goal, the scorer was given the freedom of the pelanty area
    There were so many disturbing factors in terms of the system we play where they were able to beat our offside trap or exploit that we were pushed up and out of position. I’m fully convinced had they shown any ambition they would have won yesterday. Zero positional discipline because Arteta put together this haphazardly assembled tactical shape and too many players drifted out of position and simply did not know where they needed to be.

That and our own inability to create because too often, players like Havertz, Odegaard and to be honest when he came on Trossard did not want to take the responsibility on and laid on chances for other people instead. Giving Forest time to get back and make interceptions

Utterly shambolic, as I said yesterday almost nothing positive to be taken from that game.
    Last edited by HCZ_Reborn; 13-08-2023 at 10:00 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That echoes with what MO said above and also others, ultimately it's not about this or that player but how we're set up and that's down to Arteta, I wasn't excited about this season before the game and I think our patience is going to be well and truly tested

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That echoes with what MO said above and also others, ultimately it's not about this or that player but how we're set up and that's down to Arteta, I wasn't excited about this season before the game and I think our patience is going to be well and truly tested
    That comes with the caveat yes but. When we’ve spent 600 million since Arteta came to us (485 million net) you would expect to have players who are consistent goal scorers in the squad, not players who are decent at creating chances but not necessarily finishing them. So the players we have are a factor as well

But yes the money we’ve spent suggests we shouldn’t be a play thing for a manager to make left field experimental changes with that seldom work. Arteta is obsessed with this inverted full back nonsense and the irony is it’s meant to force the wide player of the opposition inside, when the exact opposite occurs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On that last bit, yes agreed