User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Arsenal vs Forest: Player ratings and Match Reaction

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the Raya transfer especially the way it’s been done (initially as a loan). I think having pressure for positions brings out the best in players and I think the absence of that pressure brings about lack of consistency. I think Ramsdale has a very good mentality, he will look upon this positively as a way of keeping him on his toes. I don’t think he will see it as undermining.
    I just wish we had that same mentality with Saka, fucking Zinchenko etc….I think you shouldn’t expect to play if you’ve been a passenger for a few games in a row.

I think there’s two reasons to drop players, one because they’ve been shit for a few games, second if their fitness drops below the red zone…a bit like pace bowlers……you put your strongest ones out there for six or seven overs each for maximum impact and then give them a rest (fixtures dependent)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only way to keep 2 quality keepers in the same team is to guarantee both of them adequate games. Raya dreams of being first choice for his national team otherwise he wont stay and since he is on loan, you cant assess if he is good enough if he is not thrust in the heat of things regularly. The obvious way to do this is play Ramsdale in the PL and Raya in CL and cup games.
    But we know Arteta doesn't do the obvious, Padwan to his old Master Wenger he will do the opposite of conventional thinking and play favourites till hell freezes over.
    Keep placing White at RB to no advantage except to the opposition and play that donkey Xhaka even in his nightly dream teams.

By December, reality will bite us fierce in the ass I wager
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s a given that Raya will play in the 2 cups but the most telling thing will be who plays in the CL. If you’re Ramsdale I find it hard to see how your nose wouldn’t be put out of joint being the keeper who was playing when the team qualified for it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    You didn’t watch the game but are content to question my view of things, you don’t care but still churned out half an essay

I’d expect nothing but a dossier if by chance you do happen to watch the game
    Yeah, sure. And I didn't borrow your telescope to blind myself proving the rising of the sun. Anyone who thinks Arsenal is going backwards has an axe to grind and nothing more.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    The only way to keep 2 quality keepers in the same team is to guarantee both of them adequate games. Raya dreams of being first choice for his national team otherwise he wont stay and since he is on loan, you cant assess if he is good enough if he is not thrust in the heat of things regularly. The obvious way to do this is play Ramsdale in the PL and Raya in CL and cup games.
    But we know Arteta doesn't do the obvious, Padwan to his old Master Wenger he will do the opposite of conventional thinking and
    Keep placing White at RB to no advantage except to the opposition and play that donkey Xhaka even in his nightly dream teams.

By December, reality will bite us fierce in the ass I wager
    Aye, have to agree with this, tbh.

Whoever is the biggest sycophant will get the nod.

Teachers pets >>>>>>>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Yeah, sure. And I didn't borrow your telescope to blind myself proving the rising of the sun. Anyone who thinks Arsenal is going backwards has an axe to grind and nothing more.
    I do have an axe to grind. That a manager who likes putting square pegs in round holes is actually a barrier to the progress we’ve made (which I don’t think is attributable to him…Saka and Martinelli were here before he arrived, and the latter is being held back by Arteta by starving him of service).

Either watch the games or don’t, but don’t claim to know what’s going on if you don’t

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    It’s a given that Raya will play in the 2 cups but the most telling thing will be who plays in the CL. If you’re Ramsdale I find it hard to see how your nose wouldn’t be put out of joint being the keeper who was playing when the team qualified for it.
    Yes, quite, Ram will be effed off bigtime if he isn't playing CL, so i guess then you're maybe looking at Raya being used fairly little or playing some PL games, which for me gets confusing and just muddies the waters, I think Arteta's created a bit of a headache here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mandela8 View Post
    Aye, have to agree with this, tbh.

Whoever is the biggest sycophant will get the nod.

Teachers pets >>>>>>>
    Yes whoever can assuage Arteta's insecurities the most will undoubtedly be head of the queue

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Yes whoever can assuage Arteta's insecurities the most will undoubtedly be head of the queue
    And these insecurities, are they in the room with us now?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    I do have an axe to grind. That a manager who likes putting square pegs in round holes is actually a barrier to the progress we’ve made (which I don’t think is attributable to him…Saka and Martinelli were here before he arrived, and the latter is being held back by Arteta by starving him of service).

Either watch the games or don’t, but don’t claim to know what’s going on if you don’t
    I know as much about managing a football club as you do. Nothing at all. But now we're just getting silly because it seems like you are saying Saka and Martinelli should be running the place and Arteta should be out for holding them back? Well, there's nowhere to go when trying to dispute something so far off the rails. Okay, Arteta out and the first hint at a title challenge in decades is a clear indicator of decline. You made your point and I accept it and am moving on.
    Für eure Sicherheit