User Tag List

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: This Weekend's Fixtures (18/19/20 Aug).

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    West Ham 3-1 Chelsea, FT!

Poch.

1 point out of six. Revolution.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    I knew Ward-Prowse would do well at another club - two assists today - good purchase by West Ham
    Excellent player. We should have bought him instead of the frankly pointless Havertz
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    Excellent player. We should have bought him instead of the frankly pointless Havertz
    Fuck right off with that Don’t get me wrong, shouldn’t have bought Havertz. But a 29 year old journeyman like Ward-Prowse?

He’s a good signing for West Ham because that’s his level

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know how low standards have dropped at Chelsea when they were giving themselves a pat on the back last week for fighting back to earn a point at home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps all those people who said we should get Ponce as our manager might now realise he's full of cack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t know, I don’t think it’s possible for a manager to succeed at Chelsea at the moment, the owner is a lunatic. A lot of those young players they’ve bought may well come good but a lot of them won’t and that’s ridiculous amount of money thrown into the wind. Poch clearly did a good job at Spurs, is he a top, top coach? No but he’s decent. The game was in many ways similar to spurs vs United yesterday. United dominated Spurs in that first half but couldn’t get a goal and that absolute ring piece Fernandes has the nerve to demand the referee apologise for not awarding what would have been a harsh penalty when that thug Martinez was far more lucky not to concede one for United second half.

If you haven’t got the players to get you goals it doesn’t matter how good a coach you are.

I did consider Pochetinno as coach when Good Ebening was slung out. But more of an afterthought than anything. That and I wasn’t that impressed with who we were linked with, the favourite was Nuno (fuck that) for a few days. I wasn’t on GW at that time but I think on balance I thought it was right to bring in Arteta. I was actually quite a fan of his for first six months…fa cup win was more than I expected.
    Last edited by HCZ_Reborn; 20-08-2023 at 06:23 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    Fuck right off with that Don’t get me wrong, shouldn’t have bought Havertz. But a 29 year old journeyman like Ward-Prowse?

He’s a good signing for West Ham because that’s his level
    You need to try to get over your obsession with ageing especially when it comes to building a winning squad, IMO its so wrong on so many levels. I mean think about it, in over 30 years of EPL football only Sir Alex has been able to mould babes into Champions, and everyone else has tried project youth, except Citeh of course, which could be one of Peps secret in dominating for so long....but that's another story.

Anyway back to this weekend, both Madison and Ward-Prowse are looking like great signings for their respective clubs , just like Trossard and Jorginho have been among the best business Arteta has done so far. Would I have taken them over Kai, well hell yeah, buts thats not saying much as I (and it seems you to) would have taken a 100 or so players over him.

Chelsea really got one over both of us (Man U included) with young talent like Kai and Mount, but its great to see that they're still struggling to create an identity with all this new blood they've spunked out on....I mean they are undoubtedly talented players, but theirs no spirit at all in this Chelsea side which is quite unusual. Who knows, maybe if they'd balanced things out and went for a few older more experienced signings they could conjure the Chavski of yesteryears we are all got use to from the late 90s till Mourinho et al.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    I don’t know, I don’t think it’s possible for a manager to succeed at Chelsea at the moment, the owner is a lunatic. A lot of those young players they’ve bought may well come good but a lot of them won’t and that’s ridiculous amount of money thrown into the wind.
    Ah, I see you do recognise it, strange then to see you usually criticise a quality player for being "old" before looking at their other attributes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 21_GOONER_SALUTE View Post
    You need to try to get over your obsession with ageing especially when it comes to building a winning squad, IMO its so wrong on so many levels. I mean think about it, in over 30 years of EPL football only Sir Alex has been able to mould babes into Champions, and everyone else has tried project youth, except Citeh of course, which could be one of Peps secret in dominating for so long....but that's another story.

Anyway back to this weekend, both Madison and Ward-Prowse are looking like great signings for their respective clubs , just like Trossard and Jorginho have been among the best business Arteta has done so far. Would I have taken them over Kai, well hell yeah, buts thats not saying much as I (and it seems you to) would have taken a 100 or so players over him.

Chelsea really got one over both of us (Man U included) with young talent like Kai and Mount, but its great to see that they're still struggling to create an identity with all this new blood they've spunked out on....I mean they are undoubtedly talented players, but theirs no spirit at all in this Chelsea side which is quite unusual. Who knows, maybe if they'd balanced things out and went for a few older more experienced signings they could conjure the Chavski of yesteryears we are all got use to from the late 90s till Mourinho et al.

With some exceptions I genuinely don’t think there’s much to be gained by signing an outfield player who is over the age of 25 especially one who hasn’t played for a big club.
    Trossard for all his technical ability has not come good for us in terms of goals, he is guilty just as other players are guilty of laying passes on for others rather than taking shots on himself, in some ways that’s fair because he’s got a good assist rate but on other occasions it means the chance has gone. Jorginho is essentially a sticking plaster player, 12 million for a player for 18 months who can plug gaps from the bench and who we know will leave for nothing is a reasonable value.
    But look at United with Casemiro, they’ve most likely got one good season out of him…he looks finished now.
    But this is besides the point, anyone who thinks Ward-Prowse is of Arsenal standard whatever his age probably should be wondering what game they think they are watching. He’s a decent dead ball player of that there’s no doubt, but we need mobile players.
    He’s found his level at West Ham like I say.

As for Havertz, I don’t get the signing but it’s hard to say Chelsea got one over on us. I don’t think it was necessarily their intent to sell him. There’s obviously something in him that Arteta sees…that the rest of us can’t. Well saying that he’s technically good, but I just think money could have been better spent buying either a striker or another midfielder. If we wanted a player with a bit of experience, Frank Kessié who is now in Saudi Arabia is someone we could have gone for

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fair enough, but just to point out that "over 25 rule" would have robbed us of seeing the likes of Wright, Bergkamp, Petit, Sol, Arshavin, Carzola, Sanchez or currently even Partey if it was taken seriously...though Bergkamp, Alexis and Partey did play for big teams so they'd probably qualify under your exceptions.