User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Palace v Arsenal ratings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    You mustn't actually be watching the matches, so we're even on that score.

But in the 15 minutes I watched I saw a £100million player who couldn't clear a ball 5 yards, along with the rest of his useless (though highly competitive in this non-competitive league) colleagues.

Except for three players.

That Saliba bloke seems to be a fairly decent defender in the mould of real defenders who we've all seen in the past but generally don't exist now. REALLY, rEAllY (can I do the weird case thing?) simple stuff. Ball in danger area - kick ball a fucking long way up the pitch. Amazing how nobody else on the team can figure that out.

Partey - did well in defence. Was very suprised. The guy is so fucking useless in midfield you'd think that's his SOP. But no, pretty effective at the back. Pretty determined. Of course once he's done his defensive duties he reverts to being incapable of doing anything with the ball.

Jorginho. So what if he's slow? He didn't look any slower than the other fucks tbf. But he actually has a plan when he gets the ball. Can't say that about any other player in the middle. The rest of them look for the easy option and if they can't find that they give the ball to the opposition without fail.

You need to actually watch the games.

I get it, you have this vision of how you WANT the team to play. But you are overlooking how the team ACTUALLY plays.

Yeah I think you suggesting I watch the game is a bit rich

So you watched a game where we are sat back in our own third and on that basis decided Jorginho is our best midfielder

You realise that’s not how most games go for us right?

That we push up and quite high and that if you’re a defensive midfielder and have no pace you get exposed. This isn’t a hypothetical either, this happened when Jorginho started games at the Arse end of last season.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    The little bit I saw was shocking, particularly Rice. He has a ton of games to find his groove, so not panic stations yet. But what he did in that match was below Sunday league level. The simple things, he got them all wrong. So I don't agree he's a master at that, based on what I watched.
    All the pundits lauded Rice's performance and said he was MOTM

Not sure what you were watching?