User Tag List

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Arsenal 2-2 Fulham Player ratings and Match reaction

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Above all else though, the stupid fucking errors. No matter what system you’re playing you can’t account for dimwitted things like that Saka error so early.

If you’re not switched on from the start then you’re always facing an uphill battle. Conceding early goals and chances is a common theme at home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuckin woeful.

Mind when I came back here I said the team was improving despite Arteta and would've progressed further with a proper manager???

<sips tea>

Anyway...

Today was pathetic. Two DMs, one cover RB, and no striker at home to Fulham is ridiculous.

The favoritism in the squad is toxic and it will inevitably tell. We've already seen it with Pepe, now Balagun and Tierney and I suspect Trossard will shortly be next.

There's just summin off about the set up. Arsenal were fairly close to competing last season and there were 2 very obvious areas to improve, CM and Striker. Our best and only world class players were a DM and and AMC, in Partey and Odegaard and what do Arteta bring in, for the best part of 200m? A DM and an AMC. That's not how you improve a team.

Everyone, including the incels on here who have never kicked a ball knew Havertz was a strange buy and lo and behold, he's looked every bit as out of place as everyone thought he would...except the 2 people actually responsible for identifying and agreeing fees for players.

They've now spent more than half a billion and there's not a single reliable forward in the entire squad. It's a baffling situation that seems to have avoided any real scrutiny.

That's it to even mention the decisions taken when in the lead in games. Trying to shut up shop on 78 minutes when refs are now regularly playing double digit injury time just smacks of amateur hour.

As for ratings, Partey and Odegaard were good again. Viera was MOM despite only coming on later. Everyone else were shite

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    Ramsdale 6 - Didn’t do a lot wrong for either goal was a virtual spectator

White 5 - Needs to be dropped

Saliba 6 - Needs to be playing alongside Gabriel

Kiwior 5 - Not his fault, he shouldn’t be playing at left back

Partey 5 - Vacates the space because he’s a midfielder not a right back

Rice 5 - How many times did I say we shouldn’t be starting with him

Havertz - 3 - We’ve got to stop playing him as a central midfielder he isn’t one

Martinelli - 6 - Got what were a few tame shots away but hasn’t looked right all season

Odegaard - 5 - Trying hard but it’s not coming off for him

Saka - 5 Careless in giving the ball away for their first goal

Trossard - 7 - Our best player first half, why he was brought off I don’t know

Subs -

Jorginho 5 - Anonymous

Zinchenko 3 - We can’t play him at left back all season, it’d be suicide

Vieira 7.5 - Won a pen, got an assist and was unlucky not to score himself

Nketiah 6.5 - Yes he scored but too timid, and passed up other opportunities to score

Jesus 5 - Did nothing

From back to front this was an utter disaster, it’s been waiting to happen since the start of the season. In some ways if it ends the Havertz playing central midfield experiment, Partey playing at right back experiment….then in some ways it’s a blessing in disguise. Holding on to the lead today would have been a travesty in a game we deserved to lose. There are goals in this side, but we need to play in a way conducive to getting those goals from us and we look massively unbalanced. There’s only one man to blame for that, you know how I feel….every game this man continues to coach this football club is an affront to us. But I have to accept he’s not getting the boot and hope against hope that today is a blasting alarm clock wake up call for him.
    40 points race is on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    I have no problem with Havertz playing, in fact I’d start him over Odegaard…just not in central midfield

I think people here will have to concede that Rice shouldn’t be playing for us, doesn’t suit the way we play and isn’t quick enough to neutralise Fulham counter attacks
    Completely wrong, how anyone can want to see Havertz in an Arsenal shirt again is beyond me, you.literally can't have actually been watching the game

He's slow, both physically and mentally and serves no useful purpose wherever you put him, while Odegaard is a bit out of sorts that is where I blame the system and in particular not playing White at RB given how well he links up with Odegasrd and Saka when he is played there

And you really do need to get over the Rice hate, I thought he was one of our better players, as did everyone else I spoke to at, and after, the game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Completely wrong, how anyone can want to see Havertz in an Arsenal shirt again is beyond me, you.literally can't have actually been watching the game

He's slow, both physically and mentally and serves no useful purpose wherever you put him, while Odegaard is a bit out of sorts that is where I blame the system and in particular not playing White at RB given how well he links up with Odegasrd and Saka when he is played there

And you really do need to get over the Rice hate, I thought he was one of our better players, as did everyone else I spoke to at, and after, the game

I saw the game, you need to get over this peculiar tendency you have of being unable to understand the perspective of people who don’t agree with you. I don’t think that anyone who has ever watched a game would ever risk playing White at right back ever again, because of his inability to deal with pace or prevent crosses from coming in. But that’s just a different opinion.
    I get it, Havertz was terrible but I don’t agree that he serves no useful purpose. I have stated until I was blue in the face that we need someone who can hold up the ball and provide aerial threat. Now Havertz absolutely would not have been my preferred option to do this, but the fact is he does offer those things.

It’s funny how you criticise Arteta for not wanting to rotate, but yet you’re so certain this player or that player must never play for us as if somehow we have a bottomless pit of squad depth.

Also please stop using silly emotional words like Hate, I don’t hate Rice but he’s not the right player for us, if we played a more defensive minded game it would make sense but actually playing him is a hinderance in games like Fulham because the space we leave to be attacked with pace completely makes him a pointless addition.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not about someone disagreeing, it's when they can't see what's right in front of them that bemuses me

Havertz is patently awful, if a player is awful we shouldn't play him, it's that simple

White is a better defender than some people give him credit for, plua what he offers as an attacking option, linking up witb Saka and Odegaard, is a real benefit

I don't see how you think Rice isn't needed, we need a good DM and that's essentially the role he's playing, plus he plays some good intelligent passes forward

Vieira showed what can be done in that 8 role when you can actually play to a good level

The lineup against Moan U should be as follows:

Ram
    White
    Saliba
    Gabriel
    Tierney
    Rice
    Vieira
    Saka
    Trossard
    Martinelli
    Eddie (in leiu of buying a better striker)

We all know it won't happen, not least because Arteta has favourites in Zin and Havertz, plus he doesn't like Tierney and, it increasingly seems, Gabriel - another very good player Arteta is putting on the scrap heap, presumably for some petty reason or other

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The most simple thing to do is to put White at RB, bring back Gabriel and move Partey into the middle.

It’s obvious to me that Arteta is trying to accommodate Havertz in an attempt to justify the ridiculous outlay on him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    The most simple thing to do is to put White at RB, bring back Gabriel and move Partey into the middle.

It’s obvious to me that Arteta is trying to accommodate Havertz in an attempt to justify the ridiculous outlay on him.
    Do we need to play Partey if we have Rice though?

And yes, completely agree re Havertz, Arteta's partly tied his reputation to that signing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not about someone disagreeing, it's when they can't see what's right in front of them that bemuses me

Havertz is patently awful, if a player is awful we shouldn't play him, it's that simple

White is a better defender than some people give him credit for, plua what he offers as an attacking option, linking up witb Saka and Odegaard, is a real benefit

I don't see how you think Rice isn't needed, we need a good DM and that's essentially the role he's playing, plus he plays some good intelligent passes forward

Vieira showed what can be done in that 8 role when you can actually play to a good level

The lineup against Moan U should be as follows:

Ram
    White
    Saliba
    Gabriel
    Tierney
    Rice
    Vieira
    Saka
    Trossard
    Martinelli
    Eddie (in leiu of buying a better striker)

We all know it won't happen, not least because Arteta has favourites in Zin and Havertz, plus he doesn't like Tierney and, it increasingly seems, Gabriel - another very good player Arteta is putting on the scrap heap, presumably for some petty reason or other
    Doubling down I see, difference between has been awful and is awful is a subtlety that escapes you. Has been awful I grant you is pretty clear cut…is awful I disagree with.

White is a good defender but he’s a good centre back so unless you’re suggesting he should start instead of Gabriel or Saliba

Not really sure what the issue is

And although I’m horrified by Arteta’s team selection, the fact that you’d play a plodder like Rice over Partey reassures me that it could always be worse

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do we need to play Partey if we have Rice though?

And yes, completely agree re Havertz, Arteta's partly tied his reputation to that signing
    I think Rice could potentially do Xhaka’s role if he had Partey next to him. He’s got enough energy to play box to box and isn’t afraid of shooting and linking up with the forwards. That’s just my gut feeling.

Partey at right back is just stupid, a total waste of a very good player who was quite instrumental in the good we showed last year. White isn’t perfect but it’s much better for the team if he’s there than Partey.

I don’t know if something has gone on with Gabriel but there’s no reason why he shouldn’t be Saliba’s partner.