0 Thread(s)

Arsenal 2-2 Fulham Player ratings and Match reaction

Ramsdale 6 - Didn’t do a lot wrong for either goal was a virtual spectator

White 5 - Needs to be dropped

Saliba 6 - Needs to be playing alongside Gabriel

Kiwior 5 - Not his fault, he shouldn’t be playing at left back

Partey 5 - Vacates the space because he’s a midfielder not a right back

Rice 5 - How many times did I say we shouldn’t be starting with him

Havertz - 3 - We’ve got to stop playing him as a central midfielder he isn’t one

Martinelli - 6 - Got what were a few tame shots away but hasn’t looked right all season

Odegaard - 5 - Trying hard but it’s not coming off for him

Saka - 5 Careless in giving the ball away for their first goal

Trossard - 7 - Our best player first half, why he was brought off I don’t know

Subs -

Jorginho 5 - Anonymous

Zinchenko 3 - We can’t play him at left back all season, it’d be suicide

Vieira 7.5 - Won a pen, got an assist and was unlucky not to score himself

Nketiah 6.5 - Yes he scored but too timid, and passed up other opportunities to score

Jesus 5 - Did nothing

From back to front this was an utter disaster, it’s been waiting to happen since the start of the season. In some ways if it ends the Havertz playing central midfield experiment, Partey playing at right back experiment….then in some ways it’s a blessing in disguise. Holding on to the lead today would have been a travesty in a game we deserved to lose. There are goals in this side, but we need to play in a way conducive to getting those goals from us and we look massively unbalanced. There’s only one man to blame for that, you know how I feel….every game this man continues to coach this football club is an affront to us. But I have to accept he’s not getting the boot and hope against hope that today is a blasting alarm clock wake up call for him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your ratings are pretty much spot on today (except for Rice who had another good game).

I'm not going to bother anyone with a long post, because I'm still seething and its pretty obvious who/what our problems are.

The only thing I'll say is if Kai Havertz starts the next game we really need to investigate and find out if the rookie is on the take.

A pathetic signing that had neon lights all over it!
    Last edited by 21_GOONER_SALUTE; 26-08-2023 at 04:39 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 21_GOONER_SALUTE View Post
    Your ratings are pretty much spot on today (except for Rice who had another good game).

I'm not going to bother anyone with a long post, because I'm still seething and its pretty obvious who/what our problems are.

The only thing I'll say is if Kai Havertz starts the next game we really need to investigate and find out if the rookie is on the take.

A pathetic signing that had neon lights all over it!

I have no problem with Havertz playing, in fact I’d start him over Odegaard…just not in central midfield

I think people here will have to concede that Rice shouldn’t be playing for us, doesn’t suit the way we play and isn’t quick enough to neutralise Fulham counter attacks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    I have no problem with Havertz playing, in fact I’d start him over Odegaard…just not in central midfield

I think people here will have to concede that Rice shouldn’t be playing for us, doesn’t suit the way we play and isn’t quick enough to neutralise Fulham counter attacks
    Did you not watch the 1st half....I mean even I missed their goal but I did see all the half chances where Kai pretended he'd never been a striker before! Yes, I understand Trossard was suppose to be the forward, but he clearly wasn't getting anything from being there and being the smart player he is he drifted deeper and more to the left (where Martinelli was struggling) giving the simpleton that is Kai all the space he needed to operate.

Yes, he has no business playing the Xhaka role, even the blind can see that now, but even as a striker, he is and has always been utterly toothless in the EPL and their was bags of empirical evidence that supported this already.

Say what you like about Eddie's quality, but he got the job done in a few minutes.

Havertz was a £65m gift to Chelsea which they used to get players we had already identified. Simple.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 21_GOONER_SALUTE View Post
    Did you not watch the 1st half....I mean even I missed their goal but I did see all the half chances where Kai pretended he'd never been a striker before! Yes, I understand Trossard was suppose to be the forward, but he clearly wasn't getting anything from being there and being the smart player he is he drifted deeper and more to the left (where Martinelli was struggling) giving the simpleton that is Kai all the space he needed to operate.

Yes, he has no business playing the Xhaka role, even the blind can see that now, but even as a striker, he is and has always been utterly toothless in the EPL and their was bags of empirical evidence that supported this already.

Say what you like about Eddie's quality, but he got the job done in a few minutes.

Havertz was a £65m gift to Chelsea which they used to get players we had already identified. Simple.

Disagree, don’t get me wrong I wouldn’t have bought him either but when you look at how bad Odegaard has been lately I’d play Havertz there simply because he can hold up the ball. He was horrible today, when even Arteta decided to sub him that was painfully obvious. But whilst I’d have never signed him in a million years, we don’t have a player who can hold up the ball and if you played him in the hole where he could switch between that and a front two with Eddie, I actually think you’d see the best out of him.

Eddie scored but still too indecisive and panics when put through.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly if it wasn’t for the fact that we were playing United next week I’d drop Saka, Martinelli and Odegaard for next week

Play a front four of Havertz, Nelson, Trossard and Edward…Nelson on the left, Trossard on the right

Our defence is always horrible at home, but scoring 5 goals in 3 games (two of them penalties) is offensive to me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In fact you know what fuck it, don’t care that it’s United

Ramsdale, Kiwior, Gabriel, Saliba, Tomoyasu, Jorginho, Vieira, Havertz, Trossard, Nelson, Nketiah

No more Rice, White, Odegaard.

Bench Saka, Martinelli and Partey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    Ramsdale 6 - Didn’t do a lot wrong for either goal was a virtual spectator

White 5 - Needs to be dropped

Saliba 6 - Needs to be playing alongside Gabriel

Kiwior 5 - Not his fault, he shouldn’t be playing at left back

Partey 5 - Vacates the space because he’s a midfielder not a right back

Rice 5 - How many times did I say we shouldn’t be starting with him

Havertz - 3 - We’ve got to stop playing him as a central midfielder he isn’t one

Martinelli - 6 - Got what were a few tame shots away but hasn’t looked right all season

Odegaard - 5 - Trying hard but it’s not coming off for him

Saka - 5 Careless in giving the ball away for their first goal

Trossard - 7 - Our best player first half, why he was brought off I don’t know

Subs -

Jorginho 5 - Anonymous

Zinchenko 3 - We can’t play him at left back all season, it’d be suicide

Vieira 7.5 - Won a pen, got an assist and was unlucky not to score himself

Nketiah 6.5 - Yes he scored but too timid, and passed up other opportunities to score

Jesus 5 - Did nothing

From back to front this was an utter disaster, it’s been waiting to happen since the start of the season. In some ways if it ends the Havertz playing central midfield experiment, Partey playing at right back experiment….then in some ways it’s a blessing in disguise. Holding on to the lead today would have been a travesty in a game we deserved to lose. There are goals in this side, but we need to play in a way conducive to getting those goals from us and we look massively unbalanced. There’s only one man to blame for that, you know how I feel….every game this man continues to coach this football club is an affront to us. But I have to accept he’s not getting the boot and hope against hope that today is a blasting alarm clock wake up call for him.
    To make things worse, West Ham and scum in the top two. FFS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    To make things worse, West Ham and scum in the top two. FFS.
    Both been better than us this season, what do you expect?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would get Gabriel back in with Saliba and move White to RB again.

Partey needs to be in the middle.

Arteta has dismantled elements of the team that actually worked last season. We’ve got a tricky run of games now and I sense a lot of unrest if this mess hasn’t sorted itself out by the end of it.