0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I think this is something we can all agree with!
    Except the last sentence - Ponce is a tosser and a fraud, the former has always been clear and the latter is becoming increasingly obvious

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Except the last sentence - Ponce is a tosser and a fraud, the former has always been clear and the latter is becoming increasingly obvious
    Never really agreed with you about this.
    I mean, he got Spurs to a CL final. Spurs! And he made them credible title contenders for the first time in my life. But the lack of trophies is a pretty big black mark against him and he’s not done a good job at Chelsea. It does seem like he’s inherited a hilarious mess though. Emery didn’t do a good job with us but he’s clearly a pretty decent manager.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also don’t think it’s possible to do a good job at Chelsea. The club is a hot steaming mess. As for fraud, I’m not really sure how that word applies…he did a good job at Spurs I think that’s undeniable. Not really excelled anywhere else. As for being a tosser? Not really sure what makes him anymore a tosser than most other football coaches.

Other than being relatively more successful with Spurs than most of the other coaches they’ve had, I don’t really get the beef with him. Used to love seeing Mourinho lose because of what an unpleasant narcissist he is, but it then became so commonplace that it lost any meaning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amazing how people on here line up to defend a spuds manager with a face like a punchbag who constantly blames anyone but himself for serial failure (PSG doesn't count and spuds LOST the CL final in case people hadn't noticed)

Pathetic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chelsea

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Embarrassing from Chelsea really to not beat that Liverpool team with pretty much all of their big hitters out.

Klopp is a great coach and I am quite envious of how electric he’s made things at Liverpool. Very happy he’s leaving and let’s just hope this is the only thing they win this season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Amazing how people on here line up to defend a spuds manager with a face like a punchbag who constantly blames anyone but himself for serial failure (PSG doesn't count and spuds LOST the CL final in case people hadn't noticed)

Pathetic
    I don’t think anyone is defending him, they’re just telling you they don’t share your sense of animus towards him. Which you’ve largely stated is because he’s overrated and blames everyone but himself for defeats (which let’s be fair hardly singles him out as a football coach). People on here don’t have the same animus I do towards Chelsea, they don’t like the club and find it funny when they lose but as far as I’m concerned I’d consider it a just outcome if the club ends up being relegated and liquidated.

I don’t like Spurs and love it that they continually miss out on silverware and take great pleasure when they lose, but I don’t wish such a fate on them. Because apart from anything else their existence as a club sets the standard for Arsenal, finishing above them, beating them in north london derbies and winning things when they don’t is a big chunk of what gives being an Arsenal fan meaning.

I also used to actually quite like Chelsea about 20-25 years ago, it helped that they could hardly ever win against us in the league. But they played decent football and it could be quite helpful when they’d beat Man United. Always evident that John Terry was a massive cunt, but actually liked players like Zola, Hasselbank, Gudjohnssen, Flo and Poyet (before he went to Spurs)

That was tempered against the fact Ken Bates was a nasty piece of work. Last decent person to be involved in the ownership of Chelsea was Matthew Harding.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    People on here don’t have the same animus I do towards Chelsea, they don’t like the club and find it funny when they lose but as far as I’m concerned I’d consider it a just outcome if the club ends up being relegated and liquidated.
    AHEM.
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd love to see Spuds relegated, it would be hilarious, although i guess the following season they might do well in the Championship and potentially come straight back up as Champions (i.e. actually win something), but still them going down would be lovely to see