Ramsdale 7 - you could argue that given he got a touch to Rashford shot he could have done better but I think the pace and curl was too much. Did well second half to deny Martial and Rashford

White 6.5 - What I feared would happen did happen, Rashford did him for pace, but even when he got back he stood off him. Did a bit better against him second half when Rashford held onto the ball too long

Saliba 7 - I think gets caught out too often by being forced to push up too much, but he did well with Gabriel to outmuscle United players when they got more bold attacking wise

Gabriel 7.5 - Stepped up enough to keep Garnarcho offside, arguably fouled United defender in build up to Rice goal but it was 50/50

Zinchenko 4 - Maybe even Arteta is starting to think, why do I play him?

Rice 7.5 - Did well being part of the early press but faded, his goal showed high levels of self belief and confidence

Havertz 6 - Actually don’t think he was terrible, the miss was terrible and he got dispossessed for their first goal but the effort was there. It was right to substitute him and as far as I’m concerned if he has any future with us, it’s not as a central midfielder.

Martinelli 6.5 - Good assist for the equaliser but often just lacked belief, very low on confidence

Saka 6 - Same as Martinelli, that miss near the end….crikey

Odegaard 7 - A player who seems to be frustrated with his own form, he’s trying hard but it’s not coming off for him…still nice a nice fuck you goal hit in anger

Nketiah 6.5 - Made himself available but often wasn’t found and tried to feed on scraps

Subs :

Vieira 6.5 - Not quite the dynamic cameo as last week but perfectly fine

Tomoyasu 6.5 - Not really time to make much of an impression

Jesus 7.5 - Can’t say much about overall performance but that was a finish of genuine class

Jorginho - Wasn’t on long enough to give him a rating

The performance wasn’t great, it wasn’t terrible but it wasn’t great. Just feels like the engine isn’t quite fully running. Today it feels like it goes beyond Arteta’s quixotic systems and it feels like we are carrying a bit of a hangover from last season’s fizzle out. I don’t think it’s even that the effort isn’t there, it’s the spark and conviction that isn’t there.

But that said, riding our luck the way we did, combined with living in hope that Arteta will realise that simply thinking he’s the smartest man in football won’t cut it…..he needs to know when to keep it simple. Stop acting like we are Manchester City lite, because no one wants the tribute act when they can get the real thing.