User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Arsenal vs Manchester United Player ratings and match reaction

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arsenal vs Manchester United Player ratings and match reaction

Ramsdale 7 - you could argue that given he got a touch to Rashford shot he could have done better but I think the pace and curl was too much. Did well second half to deny Martial and Rashford

White 6.5 - What I feared would happen did happen, Rashford did him for pace, but even when he got back he stood off him. Did a bit better against him second half when Rashford held onto the ball too long

Saliba 7 - I think gets caught out too often by being forced to push up too much, but he did well with Gabriel to outmuscle United players when they got more bold attacking wise

Gabriel 7.5 - Stepped up enough to keep Garnarcho offside, arguably fouled United defender in build up to Rice goal but it was 50/50

Zinchenko 4 - Maybe even Arteta is starting to think, why do I play him?

Rice 7.5 - Did well being part of the early press but faded, his goal showed high levels of self belief and confidence

Havertz 6 - Actually don’t think he was terrible, the miss was terrible and he got dispossessed for their first goal but the effort was there. It was right to substitute him and as far as I’m concerned if he has any future with us, it’s not as a central midfielder.

Martinelli 6.5 - Good assist for the equaliser but often just lacked belief, very low on confidence

Saka 6 - Same as Martinelli, that miss near the end….crikey

Odegaard 7 - A player who seems to be frustrated with his own form, he’s trying hard but it’s not coming off for him…still nice a nice fuck you goal hit in anger

Nketiah 6.5 - Made himself available but often wasn’t found and tried to feed on scraps

Subs :

Vieira 6.5 - Not quite the dynamic cameo as last week but perfectly fine

Tomoyasu 6.5 - Not really time to make much of an impression

Jesus 7.5 - Can’t say much about overall performance but that was a finish of genuine class

Jorginho - Wasn’t on long enough to give him a ratin

Nelson - Same as Jorginho

The performance wasn’t great, it wasn’t terrible but it wasn’t great. Just feels like the engine isn’t quite fully running. Today it feels like it goes beyond Arteta’s quixotic systems and it feels like we are carrying a bit of a hangover from last season’s fizzle out. I don’t think it’s even that the effort isn’t there, it’s the spark and conviction that isn’t there.

But that said, riding our luck the way we did, combined with living in hope that Arteta will realise that simply thinking he’s the smartest man in football won’t cut it…..he needs to know when to keep it simple. Stop acting like we are Manchester City lite, because no one wants the tribute act when they can get the real thing. That might just get things going
    Last edited by HCZ_Reborn; 03-09-2023 at 07:59 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nketiah was a 7.25 for me, Havertz a 4.5 at best

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great win. Very fortunate that's one of the worst Utd performances I can remember against us. They were pitiful.

Ramsdale 6. Done what was expected of him.

Zinchenko 5.5. Never really noticed him, tbh. Which is great for him.

Saliba 6. Solid enough but a bit sloppy at times.

Gabriel 6.5. Thought he was decent enough.

Shite 2. Yet again this guy falls to pieces in a big game. Absolutely woeful performance. Completely his fault for their goal. The space he afforded Rashford then and throughout was ridiculous. Just a very weak player in the team due to his price tag.

Rice 6. Other than the goal he done the bare minimum. Couldn't help thinking Elneny could've done the same job.

Havertz 2. Deary me. I really want him to do well but fuck sake. Everything just looks nervy and why the fuck did he dive when he was clean through on goal?

Odegaard 7. Just a classy player.

Saka 3. Standard stuff. Absolutely pitiful performance. His constant cutting in is the biggest problem the attack faces. He needs to be dropped for Trossard. Man of the match.

Martinelli 7.5. Only player who tried to force the issue today. Looks dangerous throughout.

Nketiah 6.5. I like a lot of what he done. Had a couple of very good touches in and around the box and would've had summin for the stat mongs if his teammates could finish.

Viera surely had to have played himself into the team.

Jesus was good. Always happy to take the ball in difficult positions.

Nelson was nice and direct again when he came on. Should get more time than he does.

Tommyiasu. Better than Ben Shite.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Nketiah was a 7.25 for me, Havertz a 4.5 at best
    Generous score for Havertz, 1.5 for me. We will be trying to offload him in two years, just like the current Pepe scenario.
    Thank god that Arteta's hand was forced by Party's injury so that Gabriel had to be included in the squad. 8.5 for Gabby.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    Generous score for Havertz, 1.5 for me. We will be trying to offload him in two years, just like the current Pepe scenario.
    Thank god that Arteta's hand was forced by Party's injury so that Gabriel had to be included in the squad. 8.5 for Gabby.
    Yes i think i was trying to be reasonable but you're right it is generous and 1.5 is probably more like it

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The chance he fluffed when he miskicked it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    The chance he fluffed when he miskicked it

Yes it was woeful, also he had another incident like last week where he coudl have taken the ball on his chest but miscontrolled it and it went out of play - a lot of the time he acts like he's never seen a football before and doesn't know what to do with it

While people can say Rice's goal had a deflection, at least he chested it down well, got it under and control and took a firm shot - if you do that you can get lucky, as was the case

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The lazy pass for the first goal, the air shot and choosing to go down when through. Just a woeful day for Havertz.

I have no doubt he’ll be starting every game though, I don’t see Arteta reshuffling so early.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    The lazy pass for the first goal, the air shot and choosing to go down when through. Just a woeful day for Havertz.

I have no doubt he’ll be starting every game though, I don’t see Arteta reshuffling so early.
    sadly I agree, though Vieira's making a very strong case for inclusion

we're stuck with both Havertz and Zinchenko atm, it really hobbles the team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meanwhile I've just discovered our next transfer target...

https://twitter.com/SundayChants/sta...67079525163194