User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Everton vs Arsenal Player Ratings and Match Reaction

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everton vs Arsenal Player Ratings and Match Reaction

Raya 6 - Complete and utter spectator, not his fault just indicative of Everton’s lack of ambition and quality

White 6.5 - Did ok getting forward, largely untested defensively

Saliba 8 - Did what he needed to do to snuff out what threat there was

Gabriel 7 - Largely untroubled

Zinchenko 6 - Actually had some decent passing today, contrasted to what a waste of oxygen he was in this fixture last season

Rice 6.5 - How the fuck do you manage to be made to look like such an utter dickhead by Doucoure, sorry if I’m a dog with a bone but a quicker and technically better player that doesn’t happen…ended up in Everton’s best attacking move of the game

Odegaard 7 - Still trying too hard but compared to the dog shit he was offering earlier in the season, much improved. Unlucky not to score

Vieira - 7 - Good interchange both with Martinelli and then Trossard

Trossard - 8.5 - I know he was a sub but he played most of the game, and he proved he deserves to be playing games…lovely left foot finish, lovely link up play with Vieira and Odegaard. Classiest performer out there

Saka - 6.5 Didn’t do anything wrong but was rather muted

Nketiah - 6 - I admire how he is making himself available but he just wasn’t on the wavelength of others around him.

Martinelli 7.5 - Double insult, injured in goal celebration and to have goal questionably chalked off

Subs:

Jesus - 6.5
    Havertz - 6.5
    Tomoyasu - 6.5

Still looking far from cohesive, but away from home we don’t look like giving away goals…the big problem is scoring them. I can’t complain too much today because some of the play was good in an overall turgid match but even with Rice I’m being massively over critical. That that’s the nearest we came to conceding rather demonstrates how solid we were. This is clearly an improvement over the dogs dinner set up that the players were clearly perplexed by earlier in the season.

Pleased to see Trossard get on the scoresheet, pleased to finally end the absolutely wretched results we’ve had at that shithole of a ground (yes it is a shit hole, I’ve been there twice…you have better standards of lavatory in areas of the developing world and ridiculous amounts of the stands have restricted viewing).

Only negative is injury to Martinelli, hoping that it’s not a long one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trossard's goal was the only thing I enjoyed in the game ... oh also I thought Raya's debut was pretty assured.

We still don't look close to as good as the team that started last season.....but anyway at least we are getting results for now.

Oh yeah, should probably thank the coach for leaving Havertz out, I hope he does the same this Wednesday, though I doubt it
    Last edited by 21_GOONER_SALUTE; 17-09-2023 at 06:41 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope thats Eddies last start - simply not good enough & hes movement off the ball is poor.
    Viera too weak for premier league, was hoping hed bulk up abit in the summer. We werent under pressure at any stage & thought it was the ideal opportunity for ESR instead of bringing on Havertz, who did exactly what we all expected.
    Need to start Jesus next week - god knows what we do at left mid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quite dull mostly and Man City would have scored 3 or 4 easily against Everton who are an absolutely shit team.

However we were pretty solid and snuffed out everything they lumped at us.

Good days work but just hoping things click for us up front soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Quite dull mostly and Man City would have scored 3 or 4 easily against Everton who are an absolutely shit team.

However we were pretty solid and snuffed out everything they lumped at us.

Good days work but just hoping things click for us up front soon.

Maybe they would but teams that sit with eleven players behind the ball are tough to break down as Spurs and City found.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 21_GOONER_SALUTE View Post
    Trossard's goal was the only thing I enjoyed in the game ... oh also I thought Raya's debut was pretty assured.

We still don't look close to as good as the team that started last season.....but anyway at least we are getting results for now.

Oh yeah, should probably thank the coach for leaving Havertz out, I hope he does the same this Wednesday, though I doubt it
    Pretty much this. Very little to comment on. Everyone can have a 6, apart from Zinchenko and Saka. Zinchenko gave the ball away 3 times under no pressure making a simple pass. Saka should've teed Odegaard up for a tap in but decided to pass it to their keeper. Both get a 4.

I though Trossard was generally quite poor, which is a shame as I've been wanting him to start, but hopefully that finish papers over the cracks and he finds his rhythm quickly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So do we think Raya is number one now? I’m inclined to believe he is and it will be Ramsdale who gets the CL and cup games.

I guess whoever starts the NLD will be confirmation.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 18-09-2023 at 08:08 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I knew we had this

Dull game. Inevitable controversy with VAR. But I will take a dull 0-1 without the high emotion - just get the 3 points and move on.

I'm cool with this start if it means that we peak in the final third of the season rather than before Xmas - which I am thinking Sp*rs are doing...

Vieira's play was a nice surprise, but can't decide whether taking Havertz out of the firing line is good or bad for him.
    Last edited by IBK; 18-09-2023 at 11:03 AM.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    So do we think Raya is number one now? I’m inclined to believe he is and it will be Ramsdale who gets the CL and cup games.

I guess whoever starts the NLD will be confirmation.
    I reckon so...as its unusual to have your previous first choice keeper replaced after 4 games. That said Arteta needs to keep Raya sweet, so maybe we will see chopping and changing this season.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBK View Post
    can't decide whether taking Havertz out of the firing line is good or bad for him.
    bad hopefully, in that I hope we don't see him in an Arsenal shirt again

It was possibly quite clever of Arteta to deflect the attention away from dropping one of his new star buys by also subbing Ram for Raya

on Raya i remain of the suspicion - though I may be wrong - that he genuinely does want to reotate them a bit, at least to start, but if Raya emerges as the better keeper then Ram is toast

I'll say again though that, whether or nto anyone thinks it matters, Ram will be really sore if he misses out on Weds having helped us get top 4