0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arsenal vs PSV Eindhoven Player Rating and Match Reaction

Raya 7 - Wasn’t really threatened but managed to be devoid of drama

White 6.5 - Got a bit tangled up with Dest in the first half

Saliba 8 - Rolls Royce of a defender

Gabriel 8 - Solid and good passing out from the back

Zinchenko 5 - Don’t think block with his arm was a penalty but once again offers no protection defensively

Rice 7 - Didn’t have a great deal to do but kept things ticking over

Havertz 7 - Actually thought he played ok, in the context that he did well with the space he had

Odegaard 8 - Poor start to the season behind now, pulling the attacking strings much more

Saka 8.5 - He scored and he provided, other than a certain Scotsman I don’t think you can ask for anymore

Trossard 8.5 - As effective on the left as Saka was on the right

Jesus 7.5 - Took goal well but still misses too many chances

Subs

Tomoyasu 7
    Jorginho 7
    Smith Rowe 7
    Vieira 7
    Nelson 7.5

Can’t fault tonight, expected it to be a drab affair where we would be trying to break them down but did not prove to be the case. They were open and we went through them like shit through a goose. Comfortable throughout, managed to give a lot of players run outs second half. If only we could play this lot every week

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two things:

1. Havertz was no more than a 6 at very most, more a 5.5 really, the crowd are behind him though and are trying to boost his confidence, practically every successful pass he completed (which was 50% of the time at best) he got some applause

2. It's 'Tomiyasu'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does sort of put into perspective the strength of certain leagues across Europe compared to the PL.

I think even Luton might have shown a better account of themselves than PSV.

But overall, nothing much to grumble about with that. Really good performance and some nice goals scored as well. Won’t always be this easy but it’s good to the back in this competition with a new generation of players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Two things:

1. Havertz was no more than a 6 at very most, more a 5.5 really, the crowd are behind him though and are trying to boost his confidence, practically every successful pass he completed (which was 50% of the time at best) he got some applause

2. It's 'Tomiyasu'

1. I disagree

2. I don’t give a fuck

Hope that helps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure PSV were that bad, they just played into our hands tactically, they have a very open playing style whci leaves them open to teams like us who can be really effective if given any space

PL teams know to park the bus and make it hard for us

But while i realise it was because the game was safe, I liked that Arteta gave some subs a decent amount of time, no doubt partly with the NLD in mind (Saka should have come off on 60 mins though)

It looked like everyone enjoyed themselves except perhaps Ram, who was probably hoping Raya would chuck one in when it got to 4-0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    1. I disagree

2. I don’t give a fuck

Hope that helps
    immensely

it proves you're every bit a 12-year-old as much as those others you accuse of acting that age

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    immensely

it proves you're every bit a 12-year-old as much as those others you accuse of acting that age

No you just tire me out with your nonsense and whilst it’s best to ignore most of your nonsense, when there’s something directed at what I’ve posted I’ll generally respond. Plus I don’t really see what’s juvenile at pointing out that I don’t care that I got the wrong vowel with Tomiyasu’s name as if it’s in anyway relevant…what were you expecting “sorry I’ll do better next time?”

To be honest, between you and Mikel Arteta it seems like a constant battle to win the non-existent prize of which of you proves the “Dunning-Kruger” effect more comprehensively.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No you just tire me out with your nonsense and whilst it’s best to ignore most of your nonsense, when there’s something directed at what I’ve posted I’ll generally respond. Plus I don’t really see what’s juvenile at pointing out that I don’t care that I got the wrong vowel with Tomiyasu’s name as if it’s in anyway relevant…what were you expecting “sorry I’ll do better next time?”

To be honest, between you and Mikel Arteta it seems like a constant battle to win the non-existent prize of which of you proves the “Dunning-Kruger” effect more comprehensively.
    you just can't bear to have your mistakes called out can you?

it's like when you wrote Arsenal v Palace instead of the other way round, you just couldnt admit it was a schoolboy error and tried to pretend football fixtuures hadn't been written that way since the dawn of the game

it's really pathetic - it's ok to admit you got something wrong sometimes you know - try it, you might find it makes you a better person

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you just can't bear to have your mistakes called out can you?

it's like when you wrote Arsenal v Palace instead of the other way round, you just couldnt admit it was a schoolboy error and tried to pretend football fixtuures hadn't been written that way since the dawn of the game

it's really pathetic - it's ok to admit you got something wrong sometimes you know - try it, you might find it makes you a better person

No I just don’t see how these things are relevant to anything. You pointing out last week that Hermoso was more bothered by the Rubiales kiss than I believed her to be…that was at least relevant to the argument in question. I got that wrong because I assumed that her being low key and quiet about the incident, meant that the media considered it a bigger deal than she did.

But don’t pretend you don’t get your panties in a twist when I call it out for pedantry….because that’s what it is.

The only other person who remarked on the title of the palace fixture was someone who said it aggravated their OCD (a condition which is defined by irrational obsessiveness).

I did it to you last season, you were going on about a game being played on a Sunday when I stated it was Saturday. But I’m under no illusion that I’m being anything other than a petty minded pedant when I do things like that, and I’m certainly not pretending that I’m “calling someone out” like it’s a moral failing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. I disagree

2. I don’t give a fuck

Hope that helps

I have often thought about writing an email like that in the office