User Tag List

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: This Weekend's Fixtures (23/24 Sept).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven’t looked at the table and to be honest I don’t really look at it until new year. We haven’t got going this season and no amount of laboured results will tell me otherwise. I think a disastrous result is looming and it won’t really come as a shock when it happens.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    it’s going to be a damp squib when considering the money we’ve spent.
    This part is possibly true. The pressure is on given how the board have backed Arteta.
    We're hardly looking like a well oiled machine. But results have been mostly good, we've had 2 "big games" and won one and drawn one. Both results could have gone a different way but there are fine lines in football. I think the City game will be telling. Pretty sure we'll lose but if we could sneak a win it would be very encouraging.

I still think it's early to be drawing conclusions.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The invincibles played away at our biggest opponents within first six games.
    By the way. We did, but that was the one where Ruud Van Horseface smacked the bar with that late penalty.
    That goes in and no Invincibles. Would we have still won the title? Who knows. Probably. But there are such fine lines in football.
    That penalty goes in and it completely changes how we see that season, and 2003 you would probably have been moaning your tits off.

While we're here, that Bergkamp penalty goes in in '99 and no Utd treble and it might have propelled us to The Double. Fine lines.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    By the way. We did, but that was the one where Ruud Van Horseface smacked the bar with that late penalty.
    That goes in and no Invincibles. Would we have still won the title? Who knows. Probably. But there are such fine lines in football.
    That penalty goes in and it completely changes how we see that season, and 2003 you would probably have been moaning your tits off.

While we're here, that Bergkamp penalty goes in in '99 and no Utd treble and it might have propelled us to The Double. Fine lines.
    And we played the last fifteen minutes with ten men, we went into that game and we played for a draw, we didn’t do much in an attacking sense but we absolutely nullified them…so you’re right I would have been moaning my tits off at Steve Bennett for awarding the penalty, on one hand wouldn’t have been overturned by VAR as wasn’t a clear and obvious error but it was ridiculously soft.

And had we lost that game I still think we’d have won the league.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And had we lost that game I still think we’d have won the league.
    Certainly plausible. Utd won 12 or the next 14 in the league so it didn't exactly stop their momentum. Utd were ahead of us after that run.