User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Arsenal V Spurs (2-2)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to buttress the point about penalties not being the barometer for determining a capable striker, here is the last season's highest goal scorer & top striker for the Belgian League defending Champions Royal Antwerp this Saturday in a must win game after Barca humiliated them .... I mean even I couldn't have bet on them not winning, it was nailed on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pi6F...VycCB2cyByd2Rt

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stop talking crap about penalties you lot!

The calibre of a striker is scoring goals from open play - it is the only metric they should be judged on.

Nketiah in that regard is a waste of space this season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KSE Comedy Club View Post

The calibre of a striker is scoring goals from open play - it is the only metric they should be judged on.

The thing is, taking penalties is a sign of mental strength…being able to keep your composure so whilst scoring from the spot isn’t the most important function of a striker….it does tell you a lot about a players confidence and nerve.

Nketiah I think started the season well because he was getting himself into goal scoring positions, but honestly now it just feels like he’s hiding. And as I admitted at the time, Balogun didn’t hide in that game.

Now we’ve made our bed by keeping Edward, but makes me wish we did have a coach more like Klopp who would put his arm around a player and try and build up their confidence. Arteta isn’t that kind of guy, he’s more likely to blank you in training rather than directly address the issue.

Eddie is never going to be a top goalscorer that’s clear, but he will get more goals if he keeps making himself available and gets himself on the same wave length as players like Odegaard, Saka and Martinelli.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KSE Comedy Club View Post

Preach brother, preach !!