User Tag List

Page 80 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast

Thread: Injuries Thread :ilt:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just cannot believe this.

He must have been not 100 per cent fit anyway because he never played 90 minutes since he returned.

Wenger must now buy a striker surely, probably, maybe, possibly, no chance, its Wenger after all.

Seriously he has to and a top class central defender.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wouldn't put it past Wenger to sign noone up front, also wouldn't put it past him to sign some nobody from the French league, that's the thing about Wenger, you can't trust him to do the logical thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the players got it, it won't matter what league he is from.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Let's face it, he was a weird buy noone really wanted, now he's out hopefully we can move him on and Wenger will be forced to buy someone (can't guarantee he'll be any good or won't be a crock though).
    Jesus Zim, have a heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    Jesus Zim, have a heart.
    Why, when there's so much misery to enjoy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How many more crocks? Once again, Welbeck will miss out on a vital preseason.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guess this means Giroud is staying, even as a backup. Let's spend £60mill on a striker, watch him get injured for the whole season in his first match and welcome Bif back for the remainder. Could even mean Theo sticks around.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got to fear for Danny's Arsenal career at this point - this massively forces the club's hand over buying a striker or two, and who knows how far down the pecking order he'll be by the time he returns? I can see it being the 2017/18 season before he's back to full fitness and sharpness, and that's if the surgery and rehab go perfectly. By then, he'll be a couple of months shy of 27 and entering his peak years, but in terms of his development he'll be closer to that of a player in his early-mid 20s. I guess we could see a van Cunnie-like late blossoming, so I'm not writing him off completely, but football can be a harsh mistress, and the game moves on quickly...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Guess this means Giroud is staying, even as a backup. Let's spend £60mill on a striker, watch him get injured for the whole season in his first match and welcome Bif back for the remainder. Could even mean Theo sticks around.
    I can see both of them handing in transfer requests and flouncing off in a huff, whatever the club decide - even though the criticism of them has been absolutely justified, they both look like increasingly sulky and pouty out there. Footballers live in their own little bubble, where nothing is ever their fault, and everyone else is always in the wrong. They won't see this as a case of themselves having played shit, and brought it on themselves - they'll think they've been massively hard done by, and will look for the easy way out...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arsenal are sweating on the fitness of Alexis Sanchez ahead of the new season.
    Sanchez suffered an ankle injury during the Copa America and has been receiving treatment on the injury during his summer break.
    The Gunners are closely monitoring their star man's recovery but fear the Chile international could miss the start of the new campaign. The Gunners host Liverpool on August 14.
    What an unexpected shocker! Is 'miss the start of the season', the usual reference to missing 3 months?
    Für eure Sicherheit