User Tag List

Page 94 of 96 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596 LastLast

Thread: Injuries Thread :ilt:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see that that we currently only have 3 players out injured - Jesus; Nelson and Elneny (knock). Jesus got injured playing for Brazil, not us.

Our only competitor with fewer injuries is Citeh (Spurs and Fulham have 2 injuries) - the team that plays most like Arsenal.

Is it a coincidence, or is it reflective of a better training/fitness regime (after all Arteta is a Guardiola protege) or the way we play?
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBK View Post
    I see that that we currently only have 3 players out injured - Jesus; Nelson and Elneny (knock). Jesus got injured playing for Brazil, not us.

Our only competitor with fewer injuries is Citeh (Spurs and Fulham have 2 injuries) - the team that plays most like Arsenal.

Is it a coincidence, or is it reflective of a better training/fitness regime (after all Arteta is a Guardiola protege) or the way we play?
    I think the only sensible and honest answer to give to that question is don’t know

I didn’t even know Elneny was injured. Makes the case for signing another midfielder in January that much stronger I think

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I reckon dropping Wenger's policy of randomly attacking players with hammers might have been a shrewd move.
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WMUG View Post
    I reckon dropping Wenger's policy of randomly attacking players with hammers might have been a shrewd move.
    Shrewd but it’s a sad day for people who found it funny as fuck

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WMUG View Post
    HOW DARE YOU QUESTION WENGER'S METHODS!!

More seriously, I dunno. Suspect there's a fair bit of luck involved but maybe some methods have changed which are causing fewer injuries.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    HOW DARE YOU QUESTION WENGER'S METHODS!!

More seriously, I dunno. Suspect there's a fair bit of luck involved but maybe some methods have changed which are causing fewer injuries.
    It's actually quite surprising that our injury list is limited, given our concerns about playing the same or similar 1st 11 in every game. My instinct says that our luck can't hold - particularly when the Europa league kicks back in - although we did have a large number of players at the WC. Injuries to Eddie and Partey frighten me most at present...
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    I think the only sensible and honest answer to give to that question is don’t know

I didn’t even know Elneny was injured. Makes the case for signing another midfielder in January that much stronger I think
    The Elneny one is around the time of the Spuds game I think, he was injured in training/warmup

Agree it adds to the case for shoring up, we really don't want to have to rely on Lokonga...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reminded of when I posted on 606 offering people money to push Pascal Cygan down a flight of concrete steps. Now days I’d have the police round

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBK View Post
    It's actually quite surprising that our injury list is limited, given our concerns about playing the same or similar 1st 11 in every game. My instinct says that our luck can't hold - particularly when the Europa league kicks back in - although we did have a large number of players at the WC. Injuries to Eddie and Partey frighten me most at present...
    I do think a lot of it is luck and agree it probably won’t hold.
    That said, they are a young squad and that’s got to help.
    My main injury worries are Partey or Saka.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bit of luck but also I’d imagine the training methods have drastically moved on since Wenger.

We had a lot of injuries at the back end of last season though, so let’s not read too much into it just yet!