User Tag List

Thread: Bournemouth v The Arsenal, 30 September 2023 - player ratings etc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bournemouth v The Arsenal, 30 September 2023 - player ratings etc

Not the most difficult opposition but we’d still moan if we couldn’t beat them comprehensively so a good day for the lads, with Arsenal exhibiting total control over the game and defending well when we needed to

Raya – 6.5 – one or two good stops but distribution was poor at times and no more a safe pair of hands than RAM IMO - still it’s clear Arteta’s made him mind up and if I was Ram I’d be starting to look elsewhere.

White – 7.5 – did his job well, provided attacking options and good to see him get the goal

Saliba – 8.5 solid as a rock

Gabriel – 8.5 - see Saliba

Zin – 4 - the weak point as usual but Bournemouth didn’t have enough about them to exploit it

Rice – 7.5 good game

Havertz – 6.5 – a better performance and not just because of the pel (which was well taken) he’s gradually learning to interact with the team better and get involved and while I remain far from comfortable with the signing, we all know we’re stuck with him, so we may as well be glad to see any improvement

Odegaard – 7.5 - back to better form and did well to score a pel and win another

Saka – 8 – shouldn’t have been playing but did well

Jesus – 8 - typically industrious and kept Bournemouth busy up the other end of the pitch

Eddie – 7.5 - similar to Jesus

Subs – all seemed ok

Arteta – 5 – he has to learn to trust his wider squad plus make subs earlier - Saka shouldn’t have been on the coach yet alone on the pitch, and then should have been off at half time - stupid decision which could well cost us given Saka looked crocked at the end of the game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your rating and comment about Arteta are spot on.

Both Nelson and Smith Rowe should have had more time on the pitch.This was easily the worst opposition we've faced this season and though the result looks good on paper, all the problems we had are still there.

I just hope some miracle happens that allows us to take advantage if Citeh's current weakened state. Maybe we get the Spud's VAR team officiating for us??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That would certainly help, plus a bit of 'Spuds Time' if we need a late winner...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    That would certainly help, plus a bit of 'Spuds Time' if we need a late winner...
    I was fucking fuming at the Spuds result.
    I love it when they lose as much as when we win.
    How can they have so much luck with VAR and late goals? We will be going toe to toe with them for top four this season so hopefully they will run out of luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    I was fucking fuming at the Spuds result.
    I love it when they lose as much as when we win.
    How can they have so much luck with VAR and late goals? We will be going toe to toe with them for top four this season so hopefully they will run out of luck.
    Rivalry aside, I think Liverpool dropping points is more beneficial to us than Spurs, man. Liverpool will finish above Spurs, so we want to finish above Liverpool. That should secure 2nd place again.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mandela8 View Post
    Rivalry aside, I think Liverpool dropping points is more beneficial to us than Spurs, man. Liverpool will finish above Spurs, so we want to finish above Liverpool. That should secure 2nd place again.
    I agree, but also...fuck Spurs and their jammy fucking late goals and VAR decisions.
    I'm still not worried about them long term but in a weekend where every other result was pretty much perfect, that was an annoying one. Would have preferred a 1-1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I agree, but also...fuck Spurs and their jammy fucking late goals and VAR decisions.
    I'm still not worried about them long term but in a weekend where every other result was pretty much perfect, that was an annoying one. Would have preferred a 1-1
    I am a little bit worried about them, they have started well.

But yes, how many late goals are they going to get FFS??

I was so pissed off about it, my wife was confused because Arsenal had a good result. I just could not be bothered to explain