Quote Originally Posted by IBK View Post
Found the match uncomfortable to watch, as I kept expecting the inevitable Citeh goal to dash our (mostly) excellent solidity at the back. Was in delerium when we actually scored, and stranegely felt quite calm after this, as City offered very little.

For once a game where we did not let ourselves down by gifting them a goal - although we came close.

In hindsight, Arteta's starting 11, tactics and subs spot on. To neuter Citeh like that - with or without Rodri and KDB is very impressive - and speaks to the evolution of Arteta's tactics and quality of our players. Amazing to be able to bring on subs of that quality!

Raya had a worrying first half. I will give him a pass because we won and he was clearly nervous playing probably the biggest game of his career? My main frustration is that we know he has now become one of those Arteta players who will get favourable treatment from the manaer while others don't.

Nice to see Havertz get an assist.

Let's now build on this achievement. A very nice feeling for players and fans to take into the Interlull!
Completely agree with what you’ve said, there’s nothing quite like 12 defeats in a row to a side to give you zero confidence even when you whilst not in control seem to be nullifying the opposition.

And it’s only in hindsight you can look back and say, yeah Arteta got it right…he clearly had a game plan and it worked

I also agree with your remarks in regards to Raya, and definitely if Arteta has decided on him to be the number 1 you hope that his antics in the first half are an outlier rather than a sign of what’s to come. I was open minded to him even though I like Ramsdale, but I really haven’t seen any evidence of him being any better and I think Ramsdale can feel rightly aggrieved.

I remember years ago thinking it was harsh on Eboue when we bought Sagna, but it only took a few games to realise that he was a massive step up, but this not been the case with Raya.

And yes, this is exactly the kind of result you want going into the interlull. A result that makes you excited and impatient for more Arsenal games.