Results 2,511 to 2,520 of 2528

Thread: World Cup Qualifiers Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Messi

0 goals for Portugal
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And no assists.

Pointless player.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Portugese commentator.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Be real gents, Messi is not the one.

Have you ever seen so many excuses made for a player as Messi? "b-but his teammates!" what, like possibly the best striker in the premier league in Aguero?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The suggestion he hasn't performed for them (Argentina) though has been shown to be a bit of a sham argument recently (second top scorer in qualifying, behing Suarez). And of course he has actually won things with them, whatever level it might be scoffed at, he has at least achieved something with them, even if it's only a Gold medal..

Ronaldo is the best currently, no doubt. Currently changes though. You should know that, given you were saying Zlatan is the only genius left in world football, now you've moved on to Ronaldo as a killer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big fan of BOBN's theories me.

Resident Liverpool Fan Shaqiri Is Boss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Poor Cripps.

The one time there's likely to be consensus over Messnaldo and he's not around to see it

If FIFA go and give it to Ribery
    Last edited by Shaqiri Is Boss; 20-11-2013 at 12:55 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ronaldo would be the first winner since Ronaldinho in 2004 not to have won a trophy in the contesting year. Of course if he wins it than that probably shows how good he has been, for that not to be considered but logic tells me to doubt it will happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    The suggestion he hasn't performed for them (Argentina) though has been shown to be a bit of a sham argument recently (second top scorer in qualifying, behing Suarez). And of course he has actually won things with them, whatever level it might be scoffed at, he has at least achieved something with them, even if it's only a Gold medal..

Ronaldo is the best currently, no doubt. Currently changes though. You should know that, given you were saying Zlatan is the only genius left in world football, now you've moved on to Ronaldo as a killer.
    I do think Ronaldo lacks a bit of artistry which is why it is possible to be fleetingly seduced by others. But then Ronaldo strikes back and reminds you that if hes just a machine, he is the ultimate machine.

Good luck to Messi this summer. The "wonder kid" will be older than Maradona was in 86 btw. And hes a bit of an agility/acceleration merchant, I wouldnt bank on him being a player in 4 and a half years time. if he wants to affect a World Cup and therefore be considered an all-time great by sensible people, he better get on with it pronto.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BOBN View Post
    I do think Ronaldo lacks a bit of artistry which is why it is possible to be fleetingly seduced by others. But then Ronaldo strikes back and reminds you that if hes just a machine, he is the ultimate machine.

Good luck to Messi this summer. The "wonder kid" will be older than Maradona was in 86 btw. And hes a bit of an agility/acceleration merchant, I wouldnt bank on him being a player in 4 and a half years time. if he wants to affect a World Cup and therefore be considered an all-time great by sensible people, he better get on with it pronto.
    Sensible people meaning who agrees with you? Funny when you make nonsensical statements like putting "wonder kid" up there. Who calls him a wonder kid now? I really don't think he needs to do it in a World Cup to be considered an all-time great, he has done it in the Champions League more than enough times already.

He's not an agility/acceleration merchant, his passing has been rather special for the last few years, which gets lost because of the amount of goals he scores. His role for Argentina is more akin to Xavi or Iniesta than it is for what he does for Barcelona, therefore even if he is a agility/acceleration merchant (which sounds like a rather bizarre backhanded compliment for somebody with talent), like Xavi or Pirlo, his longevity should be fairly secure as he won't be needing those facets to his game. Just the vision and passing range and short five yard movement.

I don't understand the disdain some give to him. I sometimes think the Premier League wants to vicariously live through Ronaldo and thus tries to nail Messi as some kind of one trick pony that is nowhere near his level.

A player like Ronaldo is the perfect image of a player the Premier League and England would create, or even, did create.