User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arsenal 3-1 Burnley Player ratings and Match reaction.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arsenal 3-1 Burnley Player ratings and Match reaction.

Raya 7 - A few Hollywood saves and Brownhill’s goal was a deflection so he wasn’t responsible for that

Tomiyasu 7 - Good first half, but got skinned too easily in the build up to their equaliser for my liking

Saliba 8 - Lovely header and imperious as usual

Gabriel 7 - Unfortunate deflection off him for their equaliser

Zinchenko 7 - Have to admit he wasn’t terrible defensively and his goal was quality

Jorginho 6 - Not enough forward passing for my liking

Rice 7.5 - Good tackling and drives forward

Havertz 5.5 - Looked confused when he had the ball in the box, fitting

Saka 7 - Very tidy and persistent, good linkup with Tomi

Martinelli 7 - Cut inside too much for my liking, but pivotal to our attacking movements

Trossard 8.5 - Man of the match for my money, got the goal he deserved and he just orchestrated our attacking play

Subs

Vieira 4 - Wenger style “I did not see it” but there was no complaints from the home crowd, silly boy

Nelson 6 - Didn’t get a chance to do much

Nketiah 6 - Also didn’t get a chance to do much

Kiwior 6.5 - Helped us sure things up at the back

I think 3-1 was a fair reflection of the game, we started a bit hesitantly but as the first half went on we became dominant and we were turning the screw and the goal on half time was the breakthrough our play merited. Started the second half a bit how we started the first, bit indifferently and that contributed to their equaliser. But we quickly retook the lead and managed to get the cushion which in other games might have eluded us.
    I think the only way this can be summed up is a perfectly fine day at the office. We got the win we needed to and I think with injuries and niggles, the international break comes at a good time for us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Havertz deserves no more than a 2.5 rating.

With the amount of money we spent on him, he is easily the worst signing we have had at this club for at least 30 years.

People deserved to be sacked for this IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Raya prob our best player. Couple of great saves and nice distribution.

Havertz and Sakashite utterly pathetic, again. Dire. Havertz missing sitters and Sakashite,after costing us the game last week by refusing to shoot, refuses to shoot again and let's a defender run from 15 yards behind him to disposes him.

Other than that, everyone average.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 21_GOONER_SALUTE View Post
    Havertz deserves no more than a 2.5 rating.

With the amount of money we spent on him, he is easily the worst signing we have had at this club for at least 30 years.

People deserved to be sacked for this IMO.
    I think we’re all really trying to get behind him and give him a chance but yeah, massive failure and completely baffling signing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    222 mins per goal is worse than I thought. Very poor return.

Thanks for posting. Will add to my arsenal.

Lol'd at assists

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mandela8 View Post
    Thanks for posting. Will add to my trolling
    Noted

ignored the bit which showed me to be wrong
    Fair enough

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "ignored the bit which showed me to be wrong"

The fact is Saka is as always being overplayed by Arteta, after taking a bad knock in the last game he should have been on the bench today, we would have won the game in any case and he's clearly feeling the effects of being overplayed, going missing for portions of the game and I noticed particularly in the last 20 mins or so our players were avoiding passing out to him as i think they knew he was running on empty

Your stats (including the assists - for some reason Mandel athinks no goals are ever intentionally created by a player putting in a great ball to be scored from) do indeed show Saka is important and that's exactly why you don't start him in a home game against a bottom-of-the-leageue side, even when he is fully fit

It's also completely asinine as he'll now have to go away with Southgate's lot, whereas leaving him out of the squad altogether might have got him off England duty
    Last edited by Mac76; 13-11-2023 at 09:32 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @HCZ your rating for Jorg is far too low he had a very good game and I don't agree thet he didn't try to create attacking moves when he had teh opportunity, which was less I think in this game than the Sevilla game

oh and don't think you've got away with quietly distancing yourself from your previously emphatic declaration that "Rice can't get the ball forward / can't pass the ball" etc etc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    @HCZ your rating for Jorg is far too low he had a very good game and I don't agree thet he didn't try to create attacking moves when he had teh opportunity, which was less I think in this game than the Sevilla game

oh and don't think you've got away with quietly distancing yourself from your previously emphatic declaration that "Rice can't get the ball forward / can't pass the ball" etc etc
    In respect of Rice He can’t (not consistently anyway). That’s why we struggle to create clear cut opportunities the way we did last season. I commend his industry for sure but he simply doesn’t have the technical ability or pace to do it in a way that particularly benefits us. On Saturday we couldn’t ever get the ball into their third quickly enough to play through their deep block, and that’s why all our goals came either from corners or for the first goal crossing the ball in.
    And no from what I saw every time Jorginho got the ball it ended up being passed back to the defensive four…Gabriel, Saliba and Tomi actually provided more attacking impetus than he did