Raya 7 - Made a couple of smart stops and had no chance with Cunha goal

Tomiyasu 7 - Been a solid performer, hopefully injury doesn’t keep him out for long

Saliba 7 - Another solid performance

Gabriel 7 - Untroubled

Zinchenko 4 - Prick, don’t dwell on the ball when you’re in your own penalty area…hoof it

Rice 7.5 - Contributed well

Odegaard 8 - Probably his best performance of the season

Trossard 7 - Worked hard but lacked finesse

Martinelli 7 - Did ok today, like Trossard just didn’t have the finishing. Though unlucky to hit the post

Saka 8 - Best league game performance for a while, lot of industry against the deep block

Jesus 6 - And I think that’s generous. Missed a golden chance

Subs

White 7
Eddie, Jorginho, Kiwior, Havertz - 6

I think the overall performance was good, I don’t buy into the idea that we were showboating. I think we created enough chances to score two or three more, I think we hit the post at least twice

What has annoyed me this season is the lack of chances we create, but we created plenty yesterday and Martinelli who I’ve been critical of cutting inside too often…was taking the ball behind the defence.

I think the goal they got was more of an individual error (from an individual who is likely to cough up that kind of error) rather than sitting back and letting them into the game. Yes they showed more ambition in the second half, but so did Lens and it didn’t do them any good.

So for me the main takeaway from yesterday, is more a need to be more clinical…and yes as we know that would involve getting a striker in