User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Luton 3-4 Arsenal : Player Ratings and Match Reaction

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Raya is obviously the main man and that won’t change unless he’s basically costing us points every week. People are feeling sorry for Ramsdale here but it shouldn’t be forgotten that Raya is just as deserving of our support and I have no doubt the micro-analysis he’s dealing with every week has affected him too.

Ramsdale just need to be sold so this toxic issue can be put to bed. Pope is crocked long term so maybe Newcastle would be an option there to suit all parties.

Arteta can fall on his sword, this is entirely on him and the judgement will come in May.

I think a lot of it comes from the fact fans didn’t want Ramsdale dropped to begin with. He’s far from perfect but there isn’t such a thing. Even Ederson who I think is the best keeper in the league is prone to error. Raya always looked good for Brentford but you have to wonder if he’s got the ability for a top club….where the important thing is concentration. Although Ramsdale’s admissions about concentration hardly filled me with confidence.

This is very similar to the whole Tierney/Zinchenko thing because Arteta has decided that Raya is a better keeper for picking the ball out of the air (yeah that’s not going so well) and better with the ball at his feet.

I think there’s a lot of assumptions made that if a team doesn’t have many shots on goal but they score with them it’s the keepers fault. Well last night with Raya it was, but actually you’ve got to look further up the pitch as to whether the defence and midfield has done its job to stop opposition players from getting into good goalscoring positions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ramsdale just need to be sold so this toxic issue can be put to bed. Pope is crocked long term so maybe Newcastle would be an option there to suit all parties.
    I heard somerthing about Ram and Newcastle yesterday - as much as i'd hate it he and the Gerodies would have a huge love in and he'd be happy there in the short term, although obvs there'd be an issue once Pope had recovered - the two of them could be competing against each other for No 1 at England and Newcastle simultaneously

I'd rather we kept him and disposed of Raya though - I'm confident in saying Raya has cost us points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tomiyasu is out for a while.

Shame, I think he was playing the best football of his time with us. We could have done with him considering our next 2 away trips are Villa and the dreaded Anfield.
    Sorry to be harsh, Tommy is indeed a good player, but is always injured. We need to get rid of him, Partey and ESR. No room for wheelchair passengers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    Sorry to be harsh, Tommy is indeed a good player, but is always injured. We need to get rid of him, Partey and ESR. No room for wheelchair passengers.
    I think you're right, no matter how good someone is, if we can't rely on them it's pointless, we end up being short of players all the time - it's particularly acute in Tomi's case given the current alternative is Zinchenko, at least in Arteta's mind anyway - he could, of course play Kiwior but Kiwior is not at Tomi's level either, even if he doesn't f*** up on a game-by-game basis like Zin does

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    Update.
    Please can we add Elneny to that list of injury prone players. These fuckers are taking money under false pretences.