Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    I’ll let you decide whether our 4th place is under threat
    Which part of
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I refuse to overreact to single results. If we drop points today then the alarm bells will start ringing.
    was unclear?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    but I refuse to overreact to single results. If we drop points today then the alarm bells will start ringing.
    You also went on to say

Alarm bells should be ringing, against the Ammers we were wasteful but we dominated….we were first to every ball, we were comfortable winning the ball back in the attacking third. Today we were totally passive, second to almost every loose ball. Never did we remotely look like coming back into the game at 2-1.

This isn’t a blip, you’ve even said yourself that we were getting results without playing well. And now the goals have almost all but dried up….this is a three minute warning klaxon

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn’t see it today but hear we were awful.
    When Spurs were flying I felt they’d get found out. I kinda felt we probably would too as it felt like we were getting away with things.
    I’ll note that feelings change a lot over time during a season. So maybe in a few more games things will feel different. But it’s not exactly the run that champions are made of. It doesn’t feel like anyone has really got a grip of things this season.
    I reckon we will finish top 4, the question is whether that’s really good enough given the money we’ve spent. And leaving us without a proper striker was always a decision Arteta was going to live or die by.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn’t see it today but hear we were awful.
    When Spurs were flying I felt they’d get found out. I kinda felt we probably would too as it felt like we were getting away with things.
    I’ll note that feelings change a lot over time during a season. So maybe in a few more games things will feel different. But it’s not exactly the run that champions are made of. It doesn’t feel like anyone has really got a grip of things this season.
    I reckon we will finish top 4, the question is whether that’s really good enough given the money we’ve spent. And leaving us without a proper striker was always a decision Arteta was going to live or die by.
    You can either make hay while the sun shines or rest on your laurels because there's no challenge. But the challenge will come for sure, as it always does. And it's hard to go from lazy to committed in short order. Much easier to be committed all along so when your rivals fuck up you are ready to take full advantage. City has given everyone a hand-out. But it won't be a gift that lasts the season. The title could have been won this Christmas and the points dropped will be the points that matter when the final tallies are taken. Last season required just a couple of draws at the right moment to make the difference. More points than were lost last season have gone out the window this season. It's up to city now who will win it, but it's certainly not in Arsenal's hands because they have proven, as they always do, they are lazy or cowardly when it matters most. This is a recurring theme. It's easy to identify.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    I’ll let you decide whether our 4th place is under threat
    Arteta out. Not joking.
    Top four is massive doubt now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arteta isnt winning anything this season or next. All he will ever deliver is less than expected of an Arsenal manager
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    Arteta isnt winning anything this season or next. All he will ever deliver is less than expected of an Arsenal manager
    Absolutely agree! He needs to fuck off now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    Absolutely agree! He needs to fuck off now.
    He probably should be given to the end of the season on the basis that feelings can change quite a lot during a season. Beat Liverpool next week and then go on a decent run in the league and things will feel different. And before everyone says we’ll never beat Liverpool…why not? We just drew at Anfield and were worthy of it.

But if we’re not right up there in May then he should fuck off. With the money we’ve spent we should be challenging for the title and other trophies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He probably should be given to the end of the season on the basis that feelings can change quite a lot during a season. Beat Liverpool next week and then go on a decent run in the league and things will feel different. And before everyone says we’ll never beat Liverpool…why not? We just drew at Anfield and were worthy of it.

But if we’re not right up there in May then he should fuck off. With the money we’ve spent we should be challenging for the title and other trophies.
    The season hasn’t panned out as disastrously as I thought, but the last couple of games have been the kind of results I feared. Sacking him now would be a panic move, but not preparing for a replacement would equally be foolish.

The style we play is a result of him being dogmatic, and the players look over coached and fatigued.

We need to find a way to play that opens up more space in the box for us. It’s not like teams don’t play a deep block against Liverpool and City. And it’s not just having better finishers, it’s about changing up the play to create more space