User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arsenal 5-0 Palace player ratings and match reaction

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arsenal 5-0 Palace player ratings and match reaction

Raya 6 - A lot of Hollywood saves where he could have held on rather than parried behind, nice long kick for our third goal but the guy throws the ball out to Lerma then grins about it…moron.

White 7 - Didn’t have much to do but did what he had to do well enough

Saliba 7.5 - Closed down the space well

Gabriel 9 - Actually think he had a goal harshly taken off him

Zinchenko 7 - Was given licence to get forward and he was probably one of more instrumental creative players

Rice 7.5 - Not been great last few games but more direct and quicker on the ball today

Havertz 7 - Tidy and contributed to attack

Trossard 8 - Nice composed finish and one of our dangermen coming forward

Saka 7 - More interested in beating his full back than cutting inside…that helps

Jesus 6.5 - Fairly anonymous, but didn’t look fully fit

Subs:

Martinelli 9 - Two identical finishes, proves what an explosive player he can be on the counter

Smith Rowe 8 - After three nil and before Martinelli’s brace, seemed to be the one player determined to get forward. Guy desperately needs (and deserves) more game time

Jorginho 7 - Solid enough

Nketiah 7 - Some decent link up play

Kiwior 6.5 - Untroubled

This felt like a team that had something to prove. Seems like we’ve got something approaching an attacking game plan, grab the opener from a set piece and then soak up pressure and break. We clearly don’t have an out and out striker in the squad and that will hurt us….but we’ve shown today that we can employ a bit of directness and variety

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Havertz to me was a 5. Barring may be that pass on the right to set up a chance that Trossard fluffed, I dont know what he brings to the team other than some aerial presence. Huge waste of money IMO.

Jesus is another who huffs and puffs but brings 0 to the table as a striker. You can see why Man City let him go.

If we are serious about the title, then we need a striker other than Nketiah and Jesus. Only readily available acceptable option I'd use instead would be Trossard down the middle.
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fakeyank View Post
    Jesus is another who huffs and puffs but brings 0 to the table as a striker. You can see why Man City let him go.
    I think that's overstating things a bit. He's a good player who adds quite a lot to our forward play.
    He's not a clinical striker though and I can't see us winning a title without one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @hcz agree with most of the scores and particularly with the assessment of Raya, Ram would i agree would have held on to one or two of those

But however much it will prompt more childishness from you, I will say that while yes Zin played one or two useful balls, he also was up to plenty of his usual dangerous dawdling on the ball and careless no-look passes which once again highlighted him as one of the major weaknesses in the team - 5/10 at most

Rice was fairly ineffectual and for the most part I forgot Havertz was playing although tbf he did manage one or two good things

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    @hcz agree with most of the scores and particularly with the assessment of Raya, Ram would i agree would have held on to one or two of those

But however much it will prompt more childishness from you, I will say that while yes Zin played one or two useful balls, he also was up to plenty of his usual dangerous dawdling on the ball and careless no-look passes which once again highlighted him as one of the major weaknesses in the team - 5/10 at most

Rice was fairly ineffectual and for the most part I forgot Havertz was playing although tbf he did manage one or two good things
    Three (I don’t think you’re in a position to lecture anyone on childishness chief)!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    Three
    so as we're talking numbers, here's a few things:

1. this is classic trolling and yet in the past you've denied you're a troll

2. more to the point, what you have set up here is a self-fulfilling prophecy where you can claim to be right whatever the outcome: either A) i keep mentioning Zin (that's four), in which case you can claim I'm unreasonably obssessed with him or; B) I stop mentioning him, in which case you can claim you've affected my behaviour (which i recall you claimed you would do if you drew attention to my mentioning him). So you now have a situation where you no doubt feel very self-satisfied that you can't lose.

3. Counting my mentions of Zin (five) is meaningless unless you also count how many times i mention other players - e.g. i mention Havertz quite a lot, also quite a few other players - basically you have nothing to compare it to unless you count all those too - i think you'll need a spreadsheet

4. and ofc let's remember this all came from your wanting to draw attention away from my pointing out your own unhealthy (and, unlike Zinchenko [six] completely non-Arsenal related) obsession with harmful sexual deviance btw... i think i know what most people would find most concerning

5. Zinchenko (seven)

6. Zinchenko (eight)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    so as we're talking numbers, here's a few things:

1. this is classic trolling and yet in the past you've denied you're a troll

2. more to the point, what you have set up here is a self-fulfilling prophecy where you can claim to be right whatever the outcome: either A) i keep mentioning Zin (that's four), in which case you can claim I'm unreasonably obssessed with him or; B) I stop mentioning him, in which case you can claim you've affected my behaviour (which i recall you claimed you would do if you drew attention to my mentioning him). So you now have a situation where you no doubt feel very self-satisfied that you can't lose.

3. Counting my mentions of Zin (five) is meaningless unless you also count how many times i mention other players - e.g. i mention Havertz quite a lot, also quite a few other players - basically you have nothing to compare it to unless you count all those too - i think you'll need a spreadsheet

4. and ofc let's remember this all came from your wanting to draw attention away from my pointing out your own unhealthy (and, unlike Zinchenko [six] completely non-Arsenal related) obsession with harmful sexual deviance btw... i think i know what most people would find most concerning

5. Zinchenko (seven)

6. Zinchenko (eight)

Cooking a meal doesn’t make you a chef, and just because I am trolling you here doesn’t make me a troll…but of course you already know this but you I think will say anything if you think it will win you an argument.

My big flaw is the same as yours, which is wanting to have the last word. I’m not trying to distract from anything, it’s you who keeps asserting stuff about sexual deviancy. I suspect it’s more because you think you’ll get a rise out of me which then makes it even more hypocritical for you to start going on about my trolling.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    Cooking a meal doesn’t make you a chef, and just because I am trolling you here doesn’t make me a troll…but of course you already know this but you I think will say anything if you think it will win you an argument.

My big flaw is the same as yours, which is wanting to have the last word. I’m not trying to distract from anything, it’s you who keeps asserting stuff about sexual deviancy. I suspect it’s more because you think you’ll get a rise out of me which then makes it even more hypocritical for you to start going on about my trolling.
    Herbert - just for once, say something. Anything. Your constant defence of your character is fucking boring. I'm sure you are just a bloke with your flaws and thoughts and ideas. And your place in the world. Everyone gets it by this late stage.

So, instead, say something interesting. Something people can consider, something that doesn't make them engage in the next comeback.

Something must be happening in your life that is worthy of comment? Anything?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Herbert - just for once, say something. Anything. Your constant defence of your character is fucking boring. I'm sure you are just a bloke with your flaws and thoughts and ideas. And your place in the world. Everyone gets it by this late stage.

So, instead, say something interesting. Something people can consider, something that doesn't make them engage in the next comeback.

Something must be happening in your life that is worthy of comment? Anything?

Did you know the term outlaw wasn’t intended to mean someone living outside the law but someone living outside the protection of the law.

For example the Roman Emperor Nero who became declared an enemy of the people of Rome, and therefore the protections from being robbed, murdered or in any other way violated were lifted and in fact it became the duty of every citizen of Rome to kill him should they set eyes on him.

This wasn’t a fate just for criminals, but for those who had absconded prior to being found guilty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I think that's overstating things a bit. He's a good player who adds quite a lot to our forward play.
    He's not a clinical striker though and I can't see us winning a title without one.
    Yes. Jesus is a conundrum. He is very much the oil in our machine, and we simply flow/click better when he is on the pitch. My concern has always been that if you replace him with a 'traditional' striker (a dying breed in the EPL TBH), then the chances that we lament being able to finish may be fewer and father between.

Arteta (much like Guardiola in previous incarnations) seems happy to eschew a 'proper' striker in favour of the collective, and in fairness, this has mostly worked over the past couple of seasons. But as Pep has also shown, what works to get a team from 8th to 2nd is unlikely to be enough to get from 2nd to 1st - which given our competition is harder.

Havertz is similar in a way. I think that Arteta favours him because the main strength he has shown since arriving is his tracking back/defensive duties. But he is also good at progressing the ball. This accords with the manager's desire for control. What he seems to lack is confidence to get into the box to make assists and goals. I agree with those who say that for £65M we should be getting more from him, but I would bet that Arteta doesn't regard him as a flop.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter