User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Arsenal v Crystal Palace, 12.30pm, Saturday 20 January, Emirates Stadium

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Arsenal v Crystal Palace, 12.30pm, Saturday 20 January, Emirates Stadium

We ought to be talking about this I suppose.

We need to get on track again very badly, let's hope the training camp in Dubai and all that salted steak has done them some good.

Would be good to see ESR given a chance but I doubt it somehow.

0-3 Eze hatter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh please win this you utterly useless twats.
    Fanx.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lot of disturbing stats have emerged including that we’ve scored only 19 goals from open play in 20 games this season.

That and we are 8th in the league for creation of big chances. It’s not really surprising, and whilst warm weather training may have built up confidence and camaraderie…it doesn’t change that one win in the last seven, is more a symbol of how sporting gravity has caught up with us and that it’s the system we are playing and doubling down on that is the trouble rather than simply poor finishing (and yes doubtless there is that too)

I think it shows up XG as a bit misleading, because our XG rating if anything is higher than last season. XG seems to work on the law of averages that if you create enough chances by volume you are going to have a better chance of scoring, but whilst I don’t think there’s anything wrong with the quantity of chances we create…the quality something else. Especially when the build up is slow and allows teams to employ a deep block

I simply don’t know who is available to us for lunchtime tomorrow to have a real idea of who should play. I’m minded to say we should have Rice and Jorginho playing in midfield simply because we are asking too much for both Odegaard and Havertz to drop deep the win the ball.

As for predictions. Well conventional wisdom would probably have this as a draw…the immovable object frustrates the very stoppable force.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last season was untypical, as we only collapsed once. The typical Arsenal season has at least two decent collapses. I predict the band of pampered pretenders will now knuckle down and create a pretty false dawn in preparation for the second collapse. Win. Followed by a few more wins. And the fans revelling in the grand achievements of players who have no balls. At least until the cliff edge, after which the wise fans will remind us all how they told us so. Set your watch by it.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Last season was untypical, as we only collapsed once. The typical Arsenal season has at least two decent collapses. I predict the band of pampered pretenders will now knuckle down and create a pretty false dawn in preparation for the second collapse. Win. Followed by a few more wins. And the fans revelling in the grand achievements of players who have no balls. At least until the cliff edge, after which the wise fans will remind us all how they told us so. Set your watch by it.
    All my adult life has been a balancing act between enjoying form whilst it lasts and waiting for the other shoe to drop, but please don’t let me disabuse you of your rose tinted spectacles, that either makes you believe this kind of cycle didn’t happen 25-30 years ago or that somehow it was acceptable because footballers were real men back then or some other shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Raya, White, Saliba, Gabriel, Zinchenko, Rice, Havertz, Odegaard, Trossard, Jesus, Saka

Doubling down on Plan A it is then

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arsenal: Raya, White, Saliba, Gabriel, Zinchenko, Odegaard, Rice, Havertz, Saka, Gabriel Jesus, Trossard.
    Subs: Ramsdale, Smith Rowe, Martinelli, Nketiah, Kiwior, Cedric, Jorginho, Nelson, Walters.

Crystal Palace: Henderson, Clyne, Andersen, Guehi, Mitchell,Lerma, Richards, Eze, Hughes, Mateta, Schlupp.
    Subs: Johnstone, Tomkins, Matheus Franca, Edouard, Ebiowei, Ahamada, Riedewald, Adaramola, Ozoh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wasn't expecting Zin back yet, thank god Olise isn't fit or he'd roast him alive

Interesting to see Trossard picked ahead of Martinelli too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Wasn't expecting Zin back yet, thank god Olise isn't fit or he'd roast him alive

Interesting to see Trossard picked ahead of Martinelli too
    One

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it over a month since our last win?