User Tag List

Thread: Forest vs Arsenal - Player ratings and Match Reaction

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forest vs Arsenal - Player ratings and Match Reaction

Raya 6 - Didn’t have much to do apart from picking the ball out of his net and making a decent but expected save to stop them equalising out of nothing

White 5 - Why are you getting into punch ups with Zinchenko you stupid twat

Saliba 6 - He and Gabriel outmuscled by Awoniyi for their consolation goal

Gabriel 6 - Poor concentration at the end, as Zinchenko was lobbed like he wasn’t there

Zinchenko 5 - Can’t defend for shit, but one of our best players getting forward

Rice 6 - Doesn’t excel in games where teams stick 11 men behind the ball, does much better when teams come out and attack us

Smith Rowe 6 - Willing to get forward but just seems a half a second out of sync with passes into him

Odegaard 6 - Good pass into Saka for their second goal but did fuck all other than that

Martinelli 6 - Another one guilty of not trying to get shots off

Jesus 9 - The only player prepared to improvise when dealing with a low block

Saka 6 - Scored but ultimately predictable

Subs

Can’t even be bothered, no one really had much impact on the game

Games like this are a bit of a fuck face. Not especially enjoyable because it’s a lot of dry humping and not much in the way of a cum shot if certain prudes don’t find this too racy a comparison. I think the result was fine, the performance was to be expected until we opened the scoring…then I’m really expecting us to cut them to shreds on the counter which we did once but then played within ourselves.

I still think the team is over coached which cuts down on allowing for individual guile and brilliance to open up stubborn teams…like how Jesus did.

Mid week game, stubborn opponent….not expecting miraculous turnaround so didn't get it. But a much needed win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    Raya 6 - Didn’t have much to do apart from picking the ball out of his net and making a decent but expected save to stop them equalising out of nothing

Gabriel 6 - Poor concentration at the end, as Zinchenko was lobbed like he wasn’t there

Zinchenko 5 - Can’t defend for shit, but one of our best players getting forward

Rice 6 - Doesn’t excel in games where teams stick 11 men behind the ball, does much better when teams come out and attack us

Smith Rowe 6 - Willing to get forward but just seems a half a second out of sync with passes into him

Odegaard 6 - Good pass into Saka for their second goal but did fuck all other than that

Subs

Games like this are a bit of a fuck face. Not especially enjoyable because it’s a lot of dry humping and not much in the way of a cum shot if certain prudes don’t find this too racy a comparison. I think the result was fine, the performance was to be expected until we opened the scoring…then I’m really expecting us to cut them to shreds on the counter which we did once but then played within ourselves.

I still think the team is over coached which cuts down on allowing for individual guile and brilliance to open up stubborn teams…like how Jesus did.

Mid week game, stubborn opponent….not expecting miraculous turnaround so didn't get it. But a much needed win.
    Pretty much agree with all of that (apart the dry humping comment comparison ).

We are certainly missing having our first choices at left back available and the lack of a decent striker will become apparent at the end of the season imho.

Sometimes we just need to shoot when we have a chance!

Still pleased that we got three points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm fine with it tbh

* and i haven't mentioned any names there so it's not one for your tally I'm afraid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Subs

Agree in particular with the part highlighted.

It's becoming clear to me that Arteta has been spooked by our implosion last season, and is trying to prevent the other side having chances by playing the entire game in the opposition's third. This is aided and abetted by teams like Forest who stick everyone behind the ball. The result is a ridiculously compressed game with our players being given little or no opportunities in transition, and no space to create clear scoring chances. Jesus' goal was an 'eye of the needle' job that will not be replicated 9 times out of 10 - and without it I think we could easily have dropped 2 points.

Citeh deal with similar game states by having players who are better at unpicking the lock and finishing with better efficiency. Liverpool are free scoring because they allow teams to come on to them and relinquish control to make the pitch big - trusting in their defenders and GK. I feel that we need to take more risks - there's no point in having Rice (an amazing ball recoverer) in front of a very good back 4 but still being afraid to lose possession in the opposition's half. There's little point playing ESR who is excellent in transition - and reducing him to sideways passes; Martinelli but denying him space to run into; Saka but giving the other team all the time and opportunity to double and triple up on him without opening space elsewhere.

We are predictable. Our talent will often get a result despite this, but for me Arsenal often resemble someone trying to dance in a coffin, and its frustrating.

Ironically, I have more faith that this way of playing will yield dividends against Liverpoool on the weekend - as it did against Citeh at home - but for me Arteta needs to get his head out of what happened in April and May last year and stop being scared to open the game up against teams we should be beating with comparative ease.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think of games like Everton at home last season where we really struggled to break them down until a moment of brilliance from Saka

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBK View Post

It's becoming clear to me that Arteta has been spooked by our implosion last season, and is trying to prevent the other side having chances by playing the entire game in the opposition's third. This is aided and abetted by teams like Forest who stick everyone behind the ball. The result is a ridiculously compressed game with our players being given little or no opportunities in transition, and no space to create clear scoring chances. Jesus' goal was an 'eye of the needle' job that will not be replicated 9 times out of 10 - and without it I think we could easily have dropped 2 points.

Citeh deal with similar game states by having players who are better at unpicking the lock and finishing with better efficiency. Liverpool are free scoring because they allow teams to come on to them and relinquish control to make the pitch big - trusting in their defenders and GK. I feel that we need to take more risks - there's no point in having Rice (an amazing ball recoverer) in front of a very good back 4 but still being afraid to lose possession in the opposition's half. There's little point playing ESR who is excellent in transition - and reducing him to sideways passes; Martinelli but denying him space to run into; Saka but giving the other team all the time and opportunity to double and triple up on him without opening space elsewhere.

We are predictable. Our talent will often get a result despite this, but for me Arsenal often resemble someone trying to dance in a coffin, and its frustrating.

Ironically, I have more faith that this way of playing will yield dividends against Liverpoool on the weekend - as it did against Citeh at home - but for me Arteta needs to get his head out of what happened in April and May last year and stop being scared to open the game up against teams we should be beating with comparative ease.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBK View Post