great album

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Munchies View Post
    Nigerian football team thrashed 67-0 is disbanded by owner
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23253562
    How long is Blatter going to ignore Nigeria as a World Cup venue? It's a disgrace.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nowhere else to put this at this point, so here will do.

BTVision can crow about 'top pick' matches all they like, but they are definitely the bottom end of the 'Group One' games and no mistake. Merseyside Derby is probably the biggest of them. There was NEVER any suggestion Sky weren't going to get the Top Four v Top Four match-ups.

And with one M.Owen on their team? I think it's over before it's even begun....

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bradford are on fire.

Resident Liverpool Fan Shaqiri Is Boss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haven't Sky used a lot of their first picks though, in order to nab most of the big games at the start and make it seem like a bigger deal. But as the season goes on, since they will have far fewer for the next round(s) of fixtures released, BT should get some better games?

I think Sky are a little worried about BT though, hence why they wheeled out some corporate to boast about it and have little digs at BT. They just completely ignored Setanta and ESPN and for good reason, whereas BT could well be a longer term threat since they're a far more diversified business than the other two.

Hopefully when Old Man Murdoch croaks the empire will break apart

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BT are going to annihillate Sky. I've had Sky for years and for the first time I'm thinking I could do without it because BT are offering enough for free. Saves me £60 per month and I can then do the PPV thing for the games I really want to see. No brainer. Of course this coincides with football going down the shitter and me not being bothered that much by it. Generally the public tends to wait to see what I do and then they follow, so Sky may well be in trouble here.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    Bradford are on fire.
    He didn't really say that?

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, on twitter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suarez Is Boss View Post
    Haven't Sky used a lot of their first picks though, in order to nab most of the big games at the start and make it seem like a bigger deal. But as the season goes on, since they will have far fewer for the next round(s) of fixtures released, BT should get some better games?

I think Sky are a little worried about BT though, hence why they wheeled out some corporate to boast about it and have little digs at BT. They just completely ignored Setanta and ESPN and for good reason, whereas BT could well be a longer term threat since they're a far more diversified business than the other two.

Hopefully when Old Man Murdoch croaks the empire will break apart

SKY will get the return Top Four picks in the second half of the season. Everyone thought Setanta was a threat, and look what happened there. (Everyone knew ESPN was a bust).

Resident Liverpool Fan Shaqiri Is Boss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rors View Post
    SKY will get the return Top Four picks in the second half of the season. Everyone thought Setanta was a threat, and look what happened there. (Everyone knew ESPN was a bust).
    I don't really know how it works tbh. But then it was doubtful they'd get everything after the first year anyway.

I guess the difference this time is that BT have an existing customer base for tv/internet/phone to back it up, one that will grow further and one which if they get their plan right, -like the roll out of fibre optic- will have considerable £££, whereas Setanta and ESPN were always [pretty rubbish] add ons and were stand alone with a handful of sports channels.

All pretty irrelevant to me since I have neither anyway.