User Tag List

Page 102 of 538 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 5379

Thread: General Football Nonsense

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love Sky. Can't imagine my household without it tbf.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rors View Post
    SKY will get the return Top Four picks in the second half of the season. Everyone thought Setanta was a threat, and look what happened there. (Everyone knew ESPN was a bust).
    Sky are clearly rattled and have shot their load early in the season as BT now have more first picks than Sky for the business end of the season. There is a big difference between Sky v ESPN/Setanta and Sky v BT.

Sky v BT is over a number of media platforms and could get really bloody.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve French View Post
    Sky are clearly rattled and have shot their load early in the season as BT now have more first picks than Sky for the business end of the season. There is a big difference between Sky v ESPN/Setanta and Sky v BT.

Sky v BT is over a number of media platforms and could get really bloody.
    I hold no candle for SKY, but they still have five-and-a-half out of the six live game packages. They have nothing to be worried about. And if Owen and James are the best BT can muster.....

Resident Liverpool Fan Shaqiri Is Boss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In other news, Al Fayed has sold up to some American billionaire.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rors View Post
    I hold no candle for SKY, but they still have five-and-a-half out of the six live game packages. They have nothing to be worried about. And if Owen and James are the best BT can muster.....
    Every year, I wonder if I should renew Sky Sports - not this year, not even with a half price deal. 38 games, 18 of which will be first choice is acceptable enough for me. BT have to start somewhere, and this is by far the best start of any competitor - and this is a battle that will be fought over various media platforms.

The key differnce is, now when Sky's competitor is showing a match - many of them will be attractive matches. In the past few could care less about watching Man U trounce the likes of Wigan.

Admittedly, I wouldn't be subscribing to BT either if it were not being offered for free as I already have Infinity, but I reckon others who have Infinity and subscribe to SS may consider ditching SS and others may switch to Infinity because BT Sports is on the package.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess it depends how deeply the customer will think about things. Yes you can have dead games with not much doubt as to the result of them from a top side against the botom sides but then take Chelsea vs Man City last season which would probably be a 'first pick' game but was a terrible match.

My instinct would be that people in the main will look at which broadcaster shows the most games and in Sky's case, that's more than they had last season.

BT will have a few moving over, that always happens with a new competitor and especially when some can get it for no extra cost but just like Setanta and ESPN, the key is three years down the line.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree, but unlike Setanta and ESPN, BT isn't a one trick pony. The key part of their strategy here is maintaining and building upon their Broadband service customer base. It will work with the likes of me. I'm due to come to the end of my two year term in around 6 months, consequently I'm likely to stay with BT because of the Sports Channel, whereas I'd likely have been more active shopping around. It also helps that my service is reliable and apart from one dickhead of an engineer that claimed he called to install Infinity when he was clearly lying, the customer service has been mainly accessible and good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree, but unlike Setanta and ESPN, BT isn't a one trick pony. The key part of their strategy here is maintaining and building upon their Broadband service customer base. It will work with the likes of me. I'm due to come to the end of my two year term in around 6 months, consequently I'm likely to stay with BT because of the Sports Channel, whereas I'd likely have been more active shopping around. It also helps that my service is reliable and apart from one dickhead of an engineer that claimed he called to install Infinity when he was clearly lying, the customer service has been mainly accessible and good.
    Agreed, BT's customer service is absolutely shit, which is a huge improvement on the likes of Virgin and Sky.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah no doubt that using the broadband as a pull to others and a reason to stay for the rest is a wise opening gambit. With Premier League rights constantly going up and showing no signs of abating, I would imagine that won't be the case in a few years but by then maybe they would have grown a decent enough brand loyalty that it won't matter. Sky will still maintain a massive share of the market because of all the other core sports (for this country) that they show. If they could get some of those, they'd might actually challenge Sky wholesale for Premier League eventually too.

Oddly I've never really had a problem with Sky's customer service, even when I needed a new router to be sent out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've always had good customer service from Sky too. But I slag them off anyway because they're Sky.
    Für eure Sicherheit