Page 153 of 540 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163203253 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 5392

Thread: General Football Nonsense

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Brazil squad is ridiculously talented.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She can't make dinner from the bench
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    WTF, this is getting ridiculous. They have their own shit like netball, why are they poking their lesbian noses into footie?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FA are going to introduce a 'League 3' for B teams. They can gain promotion but only up to League 1.

Resident Liverpool Fan Shaqiri Is Boss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If that goes through it'll be the death of English football frankly.

Bonkers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    FA are going to introduce a 'League 3' for B teams. They can gain promotion but only up to League 1.
    So this will be a nice way for the chavs and gypos to sign up huge squads on huge wages and avoid the FFP regulations? That's what it smells like to me. Chavs are already doing this with some 80 odd players stashed at feeder clubs that are essentially owned by the Russian gangster.

OR... This is all for the good of the game.

Wonder which one it will turn out to be. Football is getting more corrupt by the day. No surprise really, look who has been let into it, the Russian gangster, the human rights abusing Arabs, Blatter, Platini,.. Never boded well for the future.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    On one hand I agree with what your saying

On the other hand I'm getting a bit tired of Wenger supposedly blooding these youngsters pre season and then they never see more than a few minutes of first team action.

I'm all for it as long as there is a level of transferability, for instance a young player who is having a blinder in the B league and doesn't meet the criteria for having to be registered as part of our 25 man squad (under 20 and been with us more than two years) can be swapped with one of our under performing first teamers.

My point being although there is something to be said for this reeking of corruption or at least naievity to corruption, there is no reason why we can't utilise it to our advantage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's just a way to get youngsters onto the money ladder early. All the best talent will be on silly wages at chav and gypo land. There's no upside to this. Clubs like Southampton who obviously have a great program are going to see all those kids fuck off so they can play B league for the gypos on £20K, £30K a week. It won't go full mercenary to begin with, that's where it will graduate though - all the talent at the rich clubs so the B teams for the top 4 or 5 end up being better than the first teams for most of the PL clubs. It's a truly awful idea, wide open to abuse and it will absolutely be abused. The football authorities here, there, everywhere are in the game now solely to feather their own nests. Nobody is looking after the sport, it has been handed to bankers and TV execs and agents. I also sniff a Euro league here. What if a few years down the road you have stupidly strong B league teams for the top clubs? Just promote them up to the PL and pack the first team off to the Euro league - nice continuity there and now there are two revenue streams. Don't dismiss the idea - they could easily be looking to turn football into a franchise model in preference to the local fan based arrangement we see today. So we get our Arsenal scarves and support or PL team and them stump up for our Euro team. Hey, how about two different kits as well?

Let's just say, whatever these bastards are up to isn't in the best interests of the game or the fans. Let's just take that as read.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's about time it came in. If anything it will be of a help to those sides that don't have so much money.

Works well in Segunda. although not sure what squad restrictions they have. All I know is Barcelona B and Real Madrid Castilla do not finish in the top two every season.