Results 1,971 to 1,980 of 5380

Thread: General Football Nonsense

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    8 year ban for Blatter and Platini.

All clear at FIFA for another crook to step in and fill the void.
    Wenger is the only man who can do that job. Absolutely perfect for him and perfect for football. This needs to happen. He wins the league for us in his final year, moves on to head up the whole game, we bring in Simeone or Pep. Somebody somewhere with brains, the will and the wherewithal needs to get on this.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wenger would fail in that role for the reason that he is precisely what the sport needs. And what the sport needs is completely at odds with what FIFA stands for.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In principle he’s the perfect man, someone who could be a great politician. But as always within any organisation, one man is never enough. There are too many layers to power, a lot of leveraging, deal-brokering and appeasement that ultimately leads to a watered down end result that pleases very few people.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There has to be optimism even in the face of the most extreme cynicism or nothing can change and nothing can ever be good. I reckon Wenger could command enough respect from within the game to give him the allies he needs to counter the leeches from outside. Maybe. The fans from all sides would have to be behind him 100%, no petty rivalries, this would be a rescue package for the game. Even the powerful do what they are told if the numbers game is brought to bear. The only reason we have to put up with government, for example, is because the majority of good people do fuck all. We might never be able to eradicate government because that's so broad and entrenched, but football is different. The pigs will do as they are told if their income is at risk. They'll bend to the will of the consumer, all corporate entities do in the end if only the will can be found within the majority. I know it won't happen, I just said it needs to happen.

Bring Dein along as muscle. He could do the dirty stuff and he'd be good at it. These oligarchs and Arabs and petty little crooks from the Caribbean and dirty scum from Brazil and suited and booted filth from Switzerland, you know - the great and the good - they are never really in control, it only appears that way because the majority remain silent. Look at Blatter, he was untouchable until he was touched. And he's proof that one man indeed is enough to sway an entire movement, in the wrong direction in his case of course.

I'm honestly not saying this so Arsenal can get rid of Wenger. Not at all. I genuinely believe he's the one man who could make the difference.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wenger has his principles but I’m not sure he’ll stand up for them. Look at the way things have been handled here at Arsenal. Ticket prices raised through the roof and he’s allowed himself to be used as a shield to protect board members. When price hikes were announced he said it was necessary to compete with Chelsea and co. He’s stood back whilst already rich men have dipped into the pockets of the fans and he’s justified it. If funds were being held back from him during the stadium transition, why wasn’t he able to put pressure on them and use his influence to keep key player and invest in more players? Too much points to him looking out and protecting the interest of the Board and throwing two fingers up at his players and fans in the process. I don’t think he’s right for FIFA or UEFA at all. Not that he’d want the role anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    Wenger has his principles but I’m not sure he’ll stand up for them. Look at the way things have been handled here at Arsenal. Ticket prices raised through the roof and he’s allowed himself to be used as a shield to protect board members. When price hikes were announced he said it was necessary to compete with Chelsea and co. He’s stood back whilst already rich men have dipped into the pockets of the fans and he’s justified it. If funds were being held back from him during the stadium transition, why wasn’t he able to put pressure on them and use his influence to keep key player and invest in more players? Too much points to him looking out and protecting the interest of the Board and throwing two fingers up at his players and fans in the process. I don’t think he’s right for FIFA or UEFA at all. Not that he’d want the role anyway.
    UEFA and FIFA are the absolute pits. The lowest of the low, corrupt to the core, seemingly beyond redemption. I'm not suggesting it's possible to turn them 180 and make them the epitome of virtue. Everything that goes on in both shit holes will still involve criminals and con-artists, gangsters and fraudsters. That's football these days, that's business. But if you put a crook in charge too, that's when you get the horrible excess. I don't think anyone can claim Wenger is a crook.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsene Wenger View Post
    UEFA and FIFA are the absolute pits. The lowest of the low, corrupt to the core, seemingly beyond redemption. I'm not suggesting it's possible to turn them 180 and make them the epitome of virtue. Everything that goes on in both shit holes will still involve criminals and con-artists, gangsters and fraudsters. That's football these days, that's business. But if you put a crook in charge too, that's when you get the horrible excess. I don't think anyone can claim Wenger is a crook.
    Wenger is far from a crook. I just don't think he has the appetite or strength to fight the status quo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Former Newcastle goalkeeper Pavel Srnicek has died aged 47
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pep has confirmed he's leaving Bayern because he wants to manage in the PL.

The dogfight with the Manc clubs and Chelsea should be funny.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Messi wins the Ballon d'Or. Again.

5 times.