User Tag List

Page 199 of 538 FirstFirst ... 99149189197198199200201209249299 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,990 of 5380

Thread: General Football Nonsense

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's why I love this award so much. Always full of surprises.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    That's why I love this award so much. Always full of surprises.
    Can't be helped if there's 3 or 4 players that are head and shoulders above everybody else.

Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar (maybe Suarez) are leagues ahead of all the rest tbh and 3 of them play for Barca whom we're facing next in the CL.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In fairness, Messi deserves it. He was brilliant, again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tis a joke. Billionaire team full of billionaire playa and the billionairest playa of them all wins the award. What a surprise. He is the best as things stand. But then again, he's never tested himself. Neither has Ronaldo. Suarez has, however. He was a one man Liverpool, albeit a couple of season back now. The circumstances are never factored into these awards.

Also, Henry should have won it every year he was playing. EASILY the best player of the lot. Anyone who disputes it is a cunt, or Spanish (which is worse).
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could get angry at a picture of bunnies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    You could get angry at a picture of bunnies.
    Damn right. I kill bunnies just to piss the Internet age off. But my point is, let Messi face a challenge. Then we'll see. Ronaldo, at least, played for Utd and delivered. Eventually. I hate Ronaldo btw, but right now his CV far surpasses Messi's. Because the latter hasn't faced a challenge yet. Except when he was younger, maybe. Probably.

Not saying he's not amongst the top 5 of all time. It's just we don't know for sure.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's the challenge though, play in the pub league we know the Premier League is?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's the challenge though, play in the pub league we know the Premier League is?
    Yes, fair(ish) point.

But what is football these days? Come and show us how good you are, despite the Neanderthals. Pele did it. They used to kick the poor cunt 15 yards into the air. But he still prevailed. And now they are comparing Messi to Pele. False comparison. So far.

I think Messi will stay in shelter for the rest of his career. And that will be a shame.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing is on the level of brutality back then of course but it's not as though Messi doesn't get hacked down when he is stopped. I go on the quality of what he produces in creating, scoring, teamplay - nearly everything for an attacker he excels in.

Also, I think it's a bit churlish for the level of the Premier League to be criticised week in week out and then use it as some kind of proving ground for any player that hasn't been in it previously.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing is on the level of brutality back then of course but it's not as though Messi doesn't get hacked down when he is stopped. I go on the quality of what he produces in creating, scoring, teamplay - nearly everything for an attacker he excels in.

Also, I think it's a bit churlish for the level of the Premier League to be criticised week in week out and then use it as some kind of proving ground for any player that hasn't been in it previously.
    Don't really mean the PL. I mean get outside the comfort zone of Barca.

On the other hand, if he stays there for his whole career then that's something too. In a way. Because he already has as much cash as he can handle.

Football really isn't the way it used to be. You can't really compare anything any more. It's a mess.

The athletics bods are talking about scrapping all world records because SOME athletes were druggies. Unfair. In a way Messi has been drugged up because he's always played in a team that delivered precisely what he needed to be great. Often on a plate. But then again, unfair. We'll never know until he steps out of his comfort zone. IF. Or we can just go with it and elevate him up there. Nothing to compare.
    Für eure Sicherheit