User Tag List

Page 201 of 538 FirstFirst ... 101151191199200201202203211251301 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,010 of 5379

Thread: General Football Nonsense

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another small fish bites the dust.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck to these pioneers. It shows how much they value sporting achievement over cash. Like they are always telling us directly after signing a huge deal.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Insane. Where the hell has this money in China suddenly come from?

In fairness to the players going there, if someone offered me 20m+ for a couple of years I'd be gone in a heartbeat. These guys going there are all young enough to come back to Europe and play at a competitive level knowing they don't have bother about money from contracts again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Juventus snatched a late winner against Napoli to finally go top. Their 15th league win a row

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pleased with PSV's form lately. Just annoyed Ajax keep getting results. Feyenoord losing 7 in a row is fucking hilarious though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/art...ay-murder.html

Seems like the torturer is frontrunner for the top job at FIFA. I thought he'd be well out of the running by now, what with him being a slimy piece of sub-human filth even by FIFA's almost non-existent standards. Surely there's some sort of limit? Apparently not.

This is like trying to cure cancer with paracetamol and sticking plasters. I guess if you use enough plasters you can entirely cover the soon to be corpse and pretend it is something different. Why isn't there a lot more talk about disbanding FIFA altogether? Surely that's the obvious and only step now this nest of rats has been dug out?

Meanwhile the FA is set to discuss the latest round of vandalism aimed at the FA Cup. Moving the games from the weekend to weekdays, doing away with replays. Little wonder the trophy is now seen as a minor event. The bigger clubs deliberately rest their major players when the cup comes around, a sure enough sign of the real status of this tournament. Hitting it with a hammer a few more times is just what the TV execs ordered. All for money, nothing for sport and tradition. The day Man Utd decided to drop the cup in favour of a money spinning tour was the beginning of the end and the money vampires have been biting into it ever since.

This is what I was saying the other day. It's a good thing the fans are up in arms about ticket prices, but there's a lot more to be pissed at in addition. Is it time for the fans to get together and resolve that the next time the rat bastard Salman enters a football stadium they will all leave? Even if it is the World Cup final? Is it time for the fans to walk down to FA HQ and shout, "Fuck YOU!", outside the windows?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    None of the candidates for the presidency exactly inspire confidence, Infantino seems to be the best of a bad bunch

I think he will most likely take up the UEFA presidency

I do think you need a world governing body for a sport as vast as Football, but in its current form FIFA is totally unfit for purpose.

I think the only step may be to tear up the script and start again, new world organisation, new continental confederations etc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why does there have to be a separate body? Couldn't the national bodies hold a council to decide the major issues and organise the major events? Why the extra tier? Getting rid of the centre would at least disperse the corruption and bring the fans one step closer to the decision making process. It's a lot easier to lobby a bunch of farts down the road than a group of corrupt old codgers locked away overseas. It's the same concept as the EU. Centralisation of power is an easy recipe for corruption and excess. Decentralisation assists in accountability at the local level which is where we want it. Imagine if the next World Cup contract was decided more by local residents telling the local football authorities to fuck off rather than a bunch of crooks taking bribes to make top down decisions. Less hierarchy equals less corruption and it is corruption in football that's the major problem that needs to be tackled. So why replace something that is broken with something that will inevitably break again? I don't know if there's an example in sport without an international spider sitting at the centre making the decisions, it a model authoritarians and nest featherers are terrified of because it tips the balance away from tiny minorities towards the majority that funds the whole process in the first place. I wonder how the technology debate would look now if we hadn't had roadblocks like UEFA and FIFA in place?
    Für eure Sicherheit