Page 224 of 538 FirstFirst ... 124174214222223224225226234274324 ... LastLast
Results 2,231 to 2,240 of 5380

Thread: General Football Nonsense

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Fat Sam or Steve Bruce to be the next England manager.
    I was hoping they'd give it to Rio. Fat Sam and Brucie aren't nearly as funny as Rio. Can you imagine the post match interviews? A real chance for some classic comedy passed up there. Shame.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36844570

Rooney will be sent off every* game

* - by which I mean never, as clearly it won't apply to him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36844570

Rooney will be sent off every* game

* - by which I mean never, as clearly it won't apply to him.
    This is a charter for match fixing. As you say, Rooney will have immunity. But our players will be subject to every crackpot decision. Match officials should earn respect by being professional, instead of being incompetent, attention seeking tossers like the motley crew we have in the top flight of the PL.

Lineker and Mowbray. Fucking clapping cunt seals performing at the public zoo. Oh yes, more rules, more authority please! And then when the rules are ignored in favour of one team over another - yes, we'll pretend it never happened! We'll talk right over it. We'll gloss it, massage it. As always.

How about screaming like a girl and rolling around the place, or diving as soon as you are touched? This cheating is destroying the game and giving unfair advantage to teams like the Spuds. When is that going to be cracked down on?

Never I guess. Because that's a rule we really do need.

Anyway - refs are cunts. So what's so awful about calling them a cunt? Crazy new rules, make no sense.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While respect should be earned, at the same time if you show the level of disrespect to your boss that footballers show to refs, even if they are cockwombles, then you'd soon be looking for a new job.
    I guess the relationship isn't quite boss/employee but the refs should, in theory be the ones in charge.
    You don't see that level of disrespect in other sports.

That said, the level of refereeing in the PL is shocking. I remember years ago when they talked about making referees professional I disagreed with a friend who said it won't make them any better. He was right, if anything they've got worse, but I still don't understand why I was wrong and professionals can be worse at something than professionals.

It'll end 5 a side if it was properly enforced so, of course, it won't be.

Agree about the level of cheating, that would be a better place to start. It doesn't help that it's encouraged by the pundits who label players 'clever' who do it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    While respect should be earned, at the same time if you show the level of disrespect to your boss that footballers show to refs, even if they are cockwombles, then you'd soon be looking for a new job.
    I guess the relationship isn't quite boss/employee but the refs should, in theory be the ones in charge.
    You don't see that level of disrespect in other sports.

That said, the level of refereeing in the PL is shocking. I remember years ago when they talked about making referees professional I disagreed with a friend who said it won't make them any better. He was right, if anything they've got worse, but I still don't understand why I was wrong and professionals can be worse at something than professionals.

It'll end 5 a side if it was properly enforced so, of course, it won't be.

Agree about the level of cheating, that would be a better place to start. It doesn't help that it's encouraged by the pundits who label players 'clever' who do it.
    Multi billion quid industry and the officials have to rely on spotting every little thing that goes on and then interpret the intent. It's difficult, but we've seen refs in the past who can do it. Most of the current crop of refs are diabolical. Nobody wants the game to stop every minute for every infringement, but there needs to be consistency and it's just not there. Introducing technology at the top level is the simplest solution. There would be no delays, at least nothing longer than we already have when it takes a player around 5 minutes to posture before a free kick and the ref does his thing with spray cans. It's hard to know why technology has been resisted for so long. It's suspicious. Other sports have integrated technology without a fuss, but not the biggest sport in the world. Which also happens to be the biggest money spinner and also the most corrupt, at least at the top level. I don't believe they want to cheat for their favourite teams, but I certainly think they want to cheat in favour of the big marketing teams and players. If Ronaldo got booked every time he cheated, for example, he'd be sent off every match. That would be bad for the old cashflow so the refs turn a blind eye. Then there's the pressure of the occasion. A match can be ruined if you send a player off in the first minute, as that cunt who deliberately crunched Alexis' ankle in the first minute of the Copa should have been dismissed. The spectacle and the cash are setting the decisions, the rulebook is a handy guide to be used when cashflow isn't risked. Technology would seriously fuck up the cosy little arrangement.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fat Sam to be named England manager.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Reynholm View Post
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Reynholm View Post
    Damn, I was hoping he was next in line after Wenger.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fat Sam.

Jesus wept.

Still it shows some think he has nous.

This coming from the brainboxes that gave us Roy Hodgson for four years.