User Tag List

Page 225 of 538 FirstFirst ... 125175215223224225226227235275325 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,250 of 5380

Thread: General Football Nonsense

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    I'm really excited about this

Not Big Sam could be making a big return on Twitter

I don't know if he's had a family crisis or something, but Allardyce getting the England job should be enough to tempt him out of retirement

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    Fat Sam.

Jesus wept.

Still it shows some think he has nous.

This coming from the brainboxes that gave us Roy Hodgson for four years.
    Out of the fwying pan and into a big bucket of lard.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    Fat Sam.

Jesus wept.

Still it shows some think he has nous.

This coming from the brainboxes that gave us Roy Hodgson for four years.
    I'm prepared to see what Fat Sam can do. There are not very many managers out there that can do the job. I mean English managers. I absolutely do not want a non-English manager. It is the England team for better or worse so the players and manager should be English.

We don't need fancy managing for the team - we need someone who can motivate the players and someone who is strong enough not to be told who to play by the FA. Maybe the Walrus can do that. If he can, and if he can drive the players (and I am pretty sure he can do that) then perhaps we can see some better football. I don't think Sam is the kind of manager to accept mediocrity from any player and I think he is also the kind of manager to play who is on form at the time.

Roy never struck me as a motivator. Neither does Bruce. I don't know who else we could have. Anyway, we will see what we see, but even if he doesn't win the world cup I do think it will be better than the crap we have had to put up with for years.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd prefer an English manager but I don't think it HAS to be someone English. Yes, we're England but so long as the actual players are English I don't think the nationality of the rest of the staff is as important.
    It's got to the point where I don't care who the manager is any more, whoever it is it surely can't get worse than limping out to Iceland. Iceland!
    Fact is our players aren't good enough to mix it with the very best international teams, until we get the grass roots coaching sorted out to create players technically good enough to compete we're not going to be getting to the latter stages of competitions whoever our manager is.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Let's be honest with ourselves, International management is not a big draw for the top, talented managers so there wasn't a big pool of talent to draw from

I don't like Allardyce especially, and i do wonder if this appointment is ten years too late but what he achieved with Bolton was pretty spectacular, and apart from Newcastle where he wasn't given enough time (and to be fair how many managers do succeed there?) he has a solid record with every premier league club he's ever managed.

His biggest selling point is his man management and motivational abilities and you have to say England are badly missing both.

No it's not an appointment to get excited about, but can't really see any reason not to give him a crack at it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    Let's be honest with ourselves, International management is not a big draw for the top, talented managers so there wasn't a big pool of talent to draw from

I don't like Allardyce especially, and i do wonder if this appointment is ten years too late but what he achieved with Bolton was pretty spectacular, and apart from Newcastle where he wasn't given enough time (and to be fair how many managers do succeed there?) he has a solid record with every premier league club he's ever managed.

His biggest selling point is his man management and motivational abilities and you have to say England are badly missing both.

No it's not an appointment to get excited about, but can't really see any reason not to give him a crack at it.
    Yeah - not an earthshattering appointment but perhaps the best we can do atm, assuming that we are only having an English manager. And I am quite firm in my belief that the manager of the team of Englishmen should be English. (It is also going to be easier doing the motivational speech at half time in the dressing room if you are English. How does a (say) Swede give the 'do it for England' speech.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would have gone for someone left field like Klinsmann personally.

Though really a change in mentality from the players is what's needed the most. None of them enjoy playing for England and until that changes we'll continue to see such fragile tournament performances.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bruce has left Hull.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Bruce has left Hull.
    The England job claims another victim? Timing seems more than coincidental.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fat Sam as manager.

Fucking hell.

Show's you the old boys club is still well and truly kicking.

They should have just thrown mega money at that cunt from Spurs. Not only would it have been funny to see the Spuds lose another manager, it would just be funny. At least he has a clue about building a side.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.