User Tag List

Page 237 of 538 FirstFirst ... 137187227235236237238239247287337 ... LastLast
Results 2,361 to 2,370 of 5380

Thread: General Football Nonsense

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    If it's an altruistic media doing it to remove the corrupt elements from it then great. I rather suspect this is only occuring because he was the England manager, why not do it before he ever got the job? I highly doubt this is brand new informaton on how Fat Sam was.

I don't have any particular sadness for Fat Sam, I don't think he should have been manager in the first place purely for football reasons alone. To me it strikes more as a media that will look for any opportunity to undermine the national team but then be the first ones to ask "why has it all gone wrong?".

In essence sure, remove the nefarious elements from the game, not going to argue with that but I don't think labelling this as being that automatically is really going to help achieve that long term.
    It was a 10 month investigation that was on bribery and corruption according to the report. Fat Sam hadn't even had a training session with England when caught on camera. It would have been a big story to catch a Prem manager in on the act and they have just got lucky with his appointment if they heard he was dirty. I don't think they were out to get the England manager. It looks more like good timing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With great greed comes great stupidity.

Absolutely astounding level of stupidity from Allardyce.

I have no sympathy whatsoever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was embarrassing hearing those shitty pundits last night squirming on their seat afraid to say a single word against Allardyce, sitting there with the fence squarely wedged up their arses afraid to speak up. Where's Roy Keane when you need him?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Waddle and Shearer didn't hold their tongue. Wenger is being talked about again for the job.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah, they're just as afraid to call fellow professionals out and lay it on them when deserved. Keane is the only one I can think of that doesn't give a fuck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    'I felt like saying "[X], you've had more backhanders than Wimbledon, what are you talking about?" 'You know he’s a wheeler and dealer don’t you?... he gambles 20 grand a day, he needs to make money… he’ll be earning three or four million, he still wants 50 grand in cash.'

In light of the news of their findings, the Daily Telegraph has said it will pass transcripts to the FA and will also hand over information to the police.

The newspaper also revealed it had contacted all of the managers named by the agents and that five of them had responded with denials of taking bungs while three had not responded.

They have also reported that later this week it will disclose the name of an assistant manager at a leading club who was filmed accepting a £5,000 cash payment from undercover reporters posing as representatives of a Far Eastern firm that was seeking to invest in players.
    I hope they don't intend to leave it in the hands of the FA and the police without naming names themselves. It will be one big cover-up with a couple of scapegoats thrown to the hounds if that happens. Details of EVERYONE involved in this need to be made public because it's only when things become public that the authorities act.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The FA will approach Arsene Wenger again as they seek a permanent replacement for disgraced former England manager Sam Allardyce.

Wenger's contract with Arsenal expires at the end of the season, and with Gareth Southgate placed in caretaker charge of England for the four games against Malta, Slovenia, Scotland and Spain, the FA would look to appoint the Frenchman at the conclusion of his deal.

However, they might struggle to do so. Sportsmail understands Arsenal are hopeful of agreeing a contract extension with Wenger.
    Surely this is the ideal moment? See out the contract (and why not win a title while you are at it FFS!), take up the England job. Perfect for everyone except the beancounters in the Arsenal boardroom. Which is perfect for everyone.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post

I hope they don't intend to leave it in the hands of the FA and the police without naming names themselves. It will be one big cover-up with a couple of scapegoats thrown to the hounds if that happens. Details of EVERYONE involved in this need to be made public because it's only when things become public that the authorities act.
    I keep agreeing with you! I wish they would name and shame, but they have to make sure they aren't be libelous. With Fat Sam, it was plain for all to see. Fat Sam saying that entrapment has won, no your greed has lost it for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Allardyce was handed a £1million pay-off as he lost his job after just 67 days and one game – the shortest-ever reign of a permanent England manager.
    That's £15K A DAY! For being corrupt.

Sure pays to be an honest mug in this world.

And the fat crook's reaction to it all?

The 61-year-old is flying out to his Spanish home near Benidorm, which he named 'Big Sam's Villa', to 'chill out' and 'reflect' but insisted: 'I'll never quit football'.
    He admitted he had made 'an error of judgment and I have paid the consequences', adding: 'Entrapment has won'.
    Hallmark of a con artist. They never accept responsibility. Instead they try to blame the people who caught them. Entrapment

If you don't want to be trapped for taking bungs then maybe don't take bungs. Just a fucking idea.
    Für eure Sicherheit