User Tag List

Page 259 of 538 FirstFirst ... 159209249257258259260261269309359 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,590 of 5380

Thread: General Football Nonsense

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well Wenger hasn't been needing the boot for 13 years. It does show how cut throat the life of a manager can be though, Wenger has been well protected in his bubble.

I'm not sure what's better, relentless underachievement or a year of glory followed by a down year and rebuilding. Chelsea are a better example than Leicester though, as I don't think they were ever in danger of going down like Leicester are.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dismantler View Post
    Well done Leicester
    Something the Arsenal board have been afraid to do for the past 13 years
    If we had sacked Wenger in the final stages of the Invincibles season, the fans would have burnt Highbury to ashes.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nuttall in?
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Well Wenger hasn't been needing the boot for 13 years. It does show how cut throat the life of a manager can be though, Wenger has been well protected in his bubble.

I'm not sure what's better, relentless underachievement or a year of glory followed by a down year and rebuilding. Chelsea are a better example than Leicester though, as I don't think they were ever in danger of going down like Leicester are.
    What I dont get. from my lofty throne of Arsenal PL security is why these teams are so afraid of going down to the Championship. If you are handed £60m on your way down and cannot bounce back immediately. Then you deserve to stay there. IMO.
    Then again, who wants to be going to places like Carlisle and meeting hordes of mongrels like Millwall fans every weekend. I think I get it
    Last edited by Globalgunner; 24-02-2017 at 09:03 AM.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    What I dont get. from my lofty throne of Arsenal PL security is why these teams are so afraid of going down to the Championship. If you are handed £60m on your way down and cannot bounce back immediately. Then you deserve to stay there. IMO.
    Then again, who wants to be going to places like Carlisle and meeting hordes of mongrels like Millwall fans every weekend. I think I get it
    You can make a hell of a lot more than 60 mill in the PL. Long term planning and a slow and methodical process of building a team is dead at the top level. There's so much money you just buy what you need and hope you bought better than the rest. Then you grab as much cash as you can and pray you don't end up with the 60 million quid booby prize.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last two managers who have won the league got sacked the following season.
    Wenger knows what he's doing.

Wenger

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These fucking players! Football.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really hope Leicester get relegated now. Ranieri is one of the good guys and gave them something that will never ever be repeated. Deserved better than this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Premier League clubs could be set to earn up to £10million more from sponsorship after talks to add a sponsor to the sleeves of shirts opened ahead of next season.
    Sporting Group International have brokered a deal with eight top-flight teams to sell the rights for their kit's sleeve to the same sponsor.
    The space is valued at around a fifth of that of a main kit sponsor, and so clubs such as Manchester United, who receive £47million-a-year from Chevrolet to be on their shirts, could see a further £10m invested in the club.
    About time! Football has been crying out for this.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool. There isn't enough money in football and I'm sure the extra money will go towards reducing ticket prices for fans.